Share Vietnam region and HCMC region

Show your new maps here. Tell the seed and share a small overview image of the map.
Truongan9393
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Share Vietnam region and HCMC region

Post by Truongan9393 »

Hello,

I have just made one region with a giant map and one region with 9 giant maps
- How to use it: unzip the file and copy this folder to Region folder in Theotown folder (usually in the main directory)
IMG_0124 (1).PNG
IMG_0125 (1).PNG
Just some words to know how I made them:
- For example, you want to create a region with 9 giant maps. So you need to make 9 giant maps then create a json file to organize them (you need to know the position of each map in the region).
- Step 1: download a DEM map (you can download the image of SRTM or aw3d30). Download the river shapefile
- Step 2: Use QGIS to load the DEM file (.tif). Add river shapefile (then set river color is black). If you want to make for a coastal region, you should create an shapefile polygon for ocean, and set its color is black
- Step 3: Export the map to a png gray scale map , because theotowm will read this png depend on the color (from 0 to 255). That's why we should add the shapefile for river and set it as black, so theotown can understand the black color is the river easily.
- Step 4: Copy this gray scale png (for example vietnam.png) to theotown directory.
- Step 5: Open theotown, then choose debug in the setting (you need to active the experimental tool to have this function).
Then write: cr:{name:"Vietnam",bmp:"vietnam.png",size:12,maps:[0,0,12]}
--> this code will create a region, namely Vietnam, with just one giant map (12x12 this is the biggest size in theotown).
- Step 6: Restart Theotown when the debug finishes, you will see a Vietnam when you select a region.
- Step 7 (optional): if you want to create a region with 9 or more giant maps, you will need to repeat from step 1 to step 6. Remember their position and their name. Then create a json file in the region folder. It will take time to explain here, I suggest you search in the theotown forum for more detail.
- It will take around 30 minutes to make one region (with only one map). I suggest to use an Android Emulator (e.g. BlueStacks) to work on Windows 10. It is much faster. For me, I just need to download an DEM files (and the river shapefile) and open with QGIS, then export in rectangular shape with gray scale. Then copy this image to Bluestacks and open Theotown in bluestack. Just 5 minutes to make one region!
Petit Saigon.rar
(18.08 MiB) Downloaded 698 times
Vietnam Region.rar
(560.73 KiB) Downloaded 610 times

Howtokillmyself
Villager
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Share Vietnam region and HCMC region

Post by Howtokillmyself »

cảm ơn nha

Bevise
Micy's Assistant
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bevise »

Nice job

PetrovMaksYt
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by PetrovMaksYt »

Just cool and epic what im

PetrovMaksYt
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by PetrovMaksYt »

see in life!

Fergus
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Fergus »

Truongan9393 wrote:
21 Sep 2019, 16:37
Hello,

I have just made one region with a giant map and one region with 9 giant maps
- How to use it: unzip the file and copy this folder to Region folder in Theotown folder (usually in the main directory)
IMG_0124 (1).PNG
IMG_0125 (1).PNG
Just some words to know how I made them:
- For example, you want to create a region with 9 giant maps. So you need to make 9 giant maps then create a json file to organize them (you need to know the position of each map in the region).
- Step 1: download a DEM map (you can download the image of SRTM or aw3d30). Download the river shapefile
- Step 2: Use QGIS to load the DEM file (.tif). Add river shapefile (then set river color is black). If you want to make for a coastal region, you should create an shapefile polygon for ocean, and set its color is black
- Step 3: Export the map to a png gray scale map , because theotowm will read this png depend on the color (from 0 to 255). That's why we should add the shapefile for river and set it as black, so theotown can understand the black color is the river easily.
- Step 4: Copy this gray scale png (for example vietnam.png) to theotown directory.
- Step 5: Open theotown, then choose debug in the setting (you need to active the experimental tool to have this function).
Then write: cr:{name:"Vietnam",bmp:"vietnam.png",size:12,maps:[0,0,12]}
--> this code will create a region, namely Vietnam, with just one giant map (12x12 this is the biggest size in theotown).
- Step 6: Restart Theotown when the debug finishes, you will see a Vietnam when you select a region.
- Step 7 (optional): if you want to create a region with 9 or more giant maps, you will need to repeat from step 1 to step 6. Remember their position and their name. Then create a json file in the region folder. It will take time to explain here, I suggest you search in the theotown forum for more detail.
- It will take around 30 minutes to make one region (with only one map). I suggest to use an Android Emulator (e.g. BlueStacks) to work on Windows 10. It is much faster. For me, I just need to download an DEM files (and the river shapefile) and open with QGIS, then export in rectangular shape with gray scale. Then copy this image to Bluestacks and open Theotown in bluestack. Just 5 minutes to make one region!

Petit Saigon.rarVietnam Region.rar
Hi!!!
Is there a way to get this in a single region? I got make a 16x16 map, more than 12 size, and i know that we can do it more big, like 24x24 or 32x32 but it will need a great RAM about 16GB, it's easy, i just need to someone that have +16GB RAM and run this command on the console:
First with a 20x20 map:
cr:{name:"Vietnam",seed:"2703011989",size:20,maps:[0,0,20]

If it's run, tehn try this:
cr:{name:"Vietnam",seed:"2703011989",size:24,maps:[0,0,24]

if you get success, finally try this one:
cr:{name:"Vietnam",seed:"2703011989",size:32,maps:[0,0,32]

I got 16x16 map by using an Android Emulator (Bluestacks) and my laptop have 8GB ram so I think, doble size ram can make 32x32 size map

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Map Showcase”