Help transferring saves from broken phone

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
samsonwilliams
Settler
Reactions:

Help transferring saves from broken phone

Post by samsonwilliams »

My phone broke a month ago. I developed a lot of cities on it. I bought a new phone and hoped that my cities were able to transfer but I was in for a failure. Can anyone tell me how and if it is generally possible to transfer cities from a broken device to a new one?
ArthurJ22
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Help transferring saves from broken phone

Post by ArthurJ22 »

The question would be, is the broken phone still functional? Do you have access to their files?

TheoTown files are located under these directories:
Show
Android
  • Android - The game folder is located at storage/emulated/0/Android/data/info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown/files which can also be accessed on the device itself by using Google File Manager.
Show
iOS
  • iOS - The game folder is accessible as a virtual folder called "TheoTown" via iTunes after connecting the device. On the device itself you can use the Files app to access that virtual folder.

If you cannot access game files through these directories, and your phone is still functional (if you can still open the game app), TheoTown has an in-built file manager for mobile devices which is accessible from the region view menu.
Show
Reference Screenshots

So you only need to copy ur regions folder and import it to your new phone.

Show
To send your files to another phone:
Compress those folders into a ZIP/RAR file, or just copy the folders.

And using Google Drive, Discord, Telegram, your email, or any functional way to send your files to another device, now you go to your new device, copy those files and paste them in the respective folder on the new device (remember to unzip them if you compressed them) and you're done.

You can also copy your plugins/managed plugins folders if you don't want to download them again.
befriendair
Settler
Reactions:

Re: Help transferring saves from broken phone

Post by befriendair »

Check for cloud saves linked to Google Play, iCloud, or game-specific accounts.
Restore from backups if you regularly backed up your device data.
Access data from a broken phone if it still powers on, using USB connection or screen mirroring.
Contact game support for assistance with account recovery.
Consider professional data recovery services for severe cases.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”