Questions about buildings with positive impact.

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
ImJoseph
Villager
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Questions about buildings with positive impact.

Post by ImJoseph »

I have a question regarding those buildings that have a positive impact in the population. I mean, schools, fire stations, bus stops, etc. When they are placed there's a space around them in green. Only those residential buildings "touched" by such aurora, get positively impacted?

While I can understand a bus stop and other transportation stops such as trains and metro can have this direct positive influence in its surroundings, I don't think a school, park or police station, for instance, should limit its influence to just a couple of blocks away.

It would be better if such buildings influence the whole city, something like if there are 1000 citizens and I place only a small hospital, then, in a given time, not all possibly sick people can be attended so another hospital should be built. But why build one every certain distance to cover the whole map in green?

I hope this can be taken into consideration by game designers and developers. I believe this game can be a little more realistic this way...

yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Re: Questions about buildings with positive impact.

Post by yusuf8a684 »

It can be like C:S. effecting road range and a small circular area

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

You can think about it this way. Which makes you happier? Travelling across the city to go to school, or going to a nearby school? I know I wouldn't travel far to go to a park, but I am much happier if one is nearby. Etc.

ImJoseph
Villager
Reactions:

Post by ImJoseph »

I understand but sometimes or most of the times some schools have very few students... So it's spending money for nothing. Why if I delete that school, students don't go to another one and once this one reaches its limit I can build more, and so on. The same goes to hospitals, etc...

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

They will go to another one, but it can cause overcrowding. Also the good influence from the building won't be there.

But it's just a matter of planning. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”