Sorry for offtopic. :D

malsa
Inhabitant of a Multiverse
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Post by malsa »

TylerSky wrote:FaizalGo112 Not die, disappear.
I took her from street at my 18y old.
Now im 28y old.
Sorry for offtopic. :D
ahhhhhhh i see

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

We cannot promise on adding it, but we might test it.

The idea behind freemium is that players spend money continuously and therefore spend more money in total than they would spend originally on a premium version. As Sometheotown mayor said, we're not rich after all and if there's a chance to finance the game it's with the freemium concept.

TylerSky
Settler
Reactions:

Post by TylerSky »

Lobby wrote: The idea behind freemium is that players spend money continuously and therefore spend more money in total than they would spend originally on a premium version.
Agree! But players like me (hate donate) will not spend any money in principle for things that can spended. Functionality buying is fair deal at my opinion.
When i playing f2p games i buying only things like "x2 coins" etc.
It turns out that some players will not make a profit at all.

levitating-llama
Settler
Reactions:

Post by levitating-llama »

Lobby wrote:Yes, former member, we released the diamonds for everyone and not just for beta. As you noticed the impact is really bad.

In short: We had to do this step in order to continue working on the game. We were in a luxury position where we could do it as a hobby, but that's over. We did some research, testing and talked with other developers. The outcome of this is that it's nearly impossible to work on such a project sustainable without the freemium model. Reasons are that most players don't want to buy stuff for mobile devices. And people who would spend money for it often wouldn't spend more than 5$ (which is already seen as expensive).

So we introduced diamonds, but explicitly tried to keep it at a tolerable level (like free fast speed). Nowhere in the game we force the player to spend real money for any action he could do before for free. However we got a lot of reactions like:
"you added diamonds, you ruined the game", "you are greedy", "I don't want to play in region", "I'm disappointed of you", "I thought you are different", "you sold your sole", "I give you a dislike", "I'll deinstall it", "you better change it back soon", "I think you should make it free" and so on. As you might notice some of them even make claims that are just not true.

To be clear, I do mind what people do think about our game, but at a certain point we have to ignore some of these opinions so we can continue to create things that make fun. I think people who actually stopped playing the game because of the recent changes aren't a big loss for us. They didn't even tried to understand us in the first place. We cannot work for free, as most of us. (Nevertheless it's bad for the ratings, but there's not much we can do about it)

I actually would pay for games to HELP the developer, but not to get anything in the game

Barky
TheoTown Cartographer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Barky »

levitating-llama wrote:
Lobby wrote:Yes, former member, we released the diamonds for everyone and not just for beta. As you noticed the impact is really bad.

In short: We had to do this step in order to continue working on the game. We were in a luxury position where we could do it as a hobby, but that's over. We did some research, testing and talked with other developers. The outcome of this is that it's nearly impossible to work on such a project sustainable without the freemium model. Reasons are that most players don't want to buy stuff for mobile devices. And people who would spend money for it often wouldn't spend more than 5$ (which is already seen as expensive).

So we introduced diamonds, but explicitly tried to keep it at a tolerable level (like free fast speed). Nowhere in the game we force the player to spend real money for any action he could do before for free. However we got a lot of reactions like:
"you added diamonds, you ruined the game", "you are greedy", "I don't want to play in region", "I'm disappointed of you", "I thought you are different", "you sold your sole", "I give you a dislike", "I'll deinstall it", "you better change it back soon", "I think you should make it free" and so on. As you might notice some of them even make claims that are just not true.

To be clear, I do mind what people do think about our game, but at a certain point we have to ignore some of these opinions so we can continue to create things that make fun. I think people who actually stopped playing the game because of the recent changes aren't a big loss for us. They didn't even tried to understand us in the first place. We cannot work for free, as most of us. (Nevertheless it's bad for the ratings, but there's not much we can do about it)

I actually would pay for games to HELP the developer, but not to get anything in the game
Sadly a few people wouldn't be enough :(

HarimauMalayaHM
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by HarimauMalayaHM »

About that negative review (from Google Play), they may didnt know that they can still play sandbox mode instead.

Steps,
1) Click on World Map logo (earth).
2) Click on New City.
3) Proceed then choose Sandbox mode.
4) Play your style 8)
Last edited by HarimauMalayaHM on 04 May 2017, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

malsa
Inhabitant of a Multiverse
Reactions:

Platform

Post by malsa »

HarimauMalayaHM wrote:About that negative review (from Google Play), they didnt know that they can still play sandbox mode instead.

Steps,
2) Click on New City.
4) Play your style 8)
Apa Khabar :D

BetterBear
Inhabitant of a Galaxy Cluster
Reactions:

Platform

Post by BetterBear »

Yeah, those people complain about the sandbox removed. Even they are unsure they said insulting things. Someone even said, "**** Theo Town now, where is the Sandbox mode? This game is now pure rubbish".
This is VERY insulting. I just found it an hour ago.
:roll:
Why are these people like that? Didn't they understand devs need money?

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

You can't click on the world icon until you get 300 inhabitants in that first default city.

HarimauMalayaHM
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

CommanderABab wrote:You can't click on the world icon until you get 300 inhabitants in that first default city.
lol i have never thought it before

HarimauMalayaHM
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

FaizalGo112 wrote:
HarimauMalayaHM wrote:About that negative review (from Google Play), they didnt know that they can still play sandbox mode instead.

Steps,
2) Click on New City.
4) Play your style 8)
Apa Khabar :D
Alhamdulillah sihat...

kinsang_lee
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Platform

Post by kinsang_lee »

I've never play sandbox mode. I don't think removing sandbox node makes this game rubbish. This is a nice game and brought us a lot childhood memories. I think that the things developers should do is to reduce the impact on hardcore fans. And even better, enabling more function on modding(plugin), giving hardcore fans a chance to customize their cities. It won't affect your revenue as most of your incomes are from general players not hardcore fans. But dont ignore hardcore fans, they give devs a lot new ideas and suggestions. They are active in forum, not like general users. For now I can't draw my own school(functional with radius), museum of sort.
Last edited by kinsang_lee on 05 May 2017, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

BetterBear
Inhabitant of a Galaxy Cluster
Reactions:

Platform

Post by BetterBear »

kinsang_lee wrote:I've never play sandbox mode. I don't think removing sandbox node makes this game rubbish. This is a nice game and brought us a lot childhood memories. I think that the things developers should do is to reduce the impact on hardcore fans. And even better, enabling more function on modding(plugin), giving hardcore fans a chance to customize their cities. It won't affect your revenue as most of your incomes are from general players not hardcore fans. For now I can't draw my own school, museum of sort.
True. Why do these people cant just understand? The only thing the devs changed is that Ultra fast mode was viewable by ad, or diamonds. The second fast speed is free. Except the Ultra fast thing nothing else can make people dissatisfied. The other thing is the sandbox mode removed in region, but hopefully after Lobby spend hours saying "The sandbox is here, please view the menu", these people finally understand.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”