Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
Kairobin17
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Impossible to get in the green

Post by Kairobin17 »

Hello,

Ive played the game in easy mode and I just wanted to say that its rlly difficult to get out of the red and start to make more money.
I hope that you guys will fix that in the future.

Also wanted to say that I love this game. I love the look of it and I LOVE the music. The music is so relaxing that it makes me rlly calm.

-Thanks

MOT
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by MOT »

If you find it difficult, you better rethink your strategy.
Do you know that you can set the tax rate?

theotown player
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Post by theotown player »

Pause the game when you begin a new town. This will give you time to build everything you need and not loose money.

Lower the second and third tax rates by a few percent each and leave the first tax rate where they are. This will guide the citizens to make better buildings (because they have to pay less taxes for them.) Better buildings eventually means more income for you.

Start small. Don't build too much at first. Just enough to make people happy and give them some room to build. You will always loose money for a while at the beginning, but after a bit of time you will begin making money. When you do "get into the green" you will have more money than you can spend.

Start with the easiest difficulty level, or have some fun in the sandbox mode. ;)

Kairobin17
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Kairobin17 »

Thank you theotown. I will try that.

Soldier4christ
Settler
Reactions:

My first somewhat successful city

Post by Soldier4christ »

I know what you mean. I thought I'd never get money. Somewhere I read starting with large sections of residential, commercial, industrial, then they will fill in automatically with power and water. I was in red for a while. I jacked up taxes, way up like 18% then I lowers therm as I get more people. At one point I had like 5k people and 4,000,000$ now I'm stuck at only 2,500 people and 4,900,00$. I don't know I did wrong but my economy is now stalling. All my status is up normal but noise is down low. Hang in there. Keep trying.

Soldier4christ
Settler
Reactions:

My first somewhat successful city

Post by Soldier4christ »

Forgot to Mention now my taxes for residents is 6% commercial and industrial are at 10% and I'm I the green by like 2,000$

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”