Page 1 of 7

Announcement of InApp-Purchases instead of a premium version

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 19:11
by theotheoderich
Due to many feedback from TheoTown players, we decided not to release a premium version of TheoTown, but to offer individual game elements and graphics as in-app purchases.

So there will be no premium, but only a free version of TheoTown that can be upgraded with in-app purchases.

No one will be forced to spend money on TheoTown. The basic game will be free as before.
However, individual game elements or graphics packages can be purchased separately, if the player would like to.

We are not sure about the prices for the InApp-Purchases, but they will not be very high.

Currently, the following In-App packages are planned for purchase:
  • Military base
    (including an ufo-disaster)
  • Airport
    (including parts for a small airfield, a small airport and an international airport)
  • Building package 1
    (includes level 1 building and decoration tiles for RES, COM and IND)
  • Building package 2
    (includes Level 2 buildings and decoration tiles for RES, COM and IND)
  • Building package 3
    (includes Level 3 buildings and decoration tiles for RES, COM and IND)
  • Service package
    (includes waste disposal, cemetery, crematorium, large fire brigade and large police station)
  • Tourism package
    (includes the opera house, place in front of the opera and other tourism destinations)
All purchased packages will receive additional buildings over time.

From time to time there will also be new buildings for the free version.

Please note:

Much planned content is not final yet and can change at any time in the future.
However, it will take a few weeks before the InApp purchases will be available in the game.
The upcoming plug-in system will be available without purchase.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 19:32
by KINGTUT10101
I too would prefer a premium, but it's their choice I guess.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 19:34
by KINGTUT10101
Maybe an in app purchase that gets you all of the plug ins should be a thing?

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 20:21
by theotheoderich
former member wrote:Anyways, what is funny is that some time ago Lobby said it would be too difficult to do this kind of things :lol:
We have learned about it :wink:

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:37
by OtakuWeebster
It would prefer the Premium Version though. I'm not against with the InAPP version, and basically, its their decision

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:26
by Ahmad Nur Aizat
Most of us opposed this feature, so do I...

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:09
by NisekoKilla
These packages will be in game files or after purchase package will download from the server?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:13
by Dmainak07@gmail.com
A premium one is far better & simpler, or otherwise after sometime the fate of Theotown would become as same as other games; Always prompting us to buy a add-in, which will ultimately lead to lesser numbers of paid players as they eventually has to repeat the payment to get more features unlocked!

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:15
by Dmainak07@gmail.com
LukasMelbourne wrote:These packages will be in game files or after purchase package will download from the server?
I know what u meant to say...😂😂

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32
by PokemonserLP
Great idea. In-App Purchases that make sense...

Re: Announcement of InApp-Purchases instead of a premium ver

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52
by theotheoderich
former member wrote:
theotheoderich wrote:Due to many feedback from TheoTown players
Huh? Now, who said they want in-app purchases instead of premium? I didn't see anyone say that. Almost everyone prefers Premium over IAP. I don't understand what you say Theo.
Not here in the forum, but...
...we get about 15-20 emails a day with very different wishes, critics and suggestions.
For example there are people who didn´t want to have a military base in TheoTown and they did not like to pay for it when it is included in a premium version. They don´t want to have it in the game, so they are not going to pay for it.

This is why we decided to have several IAPs, so everyone can buy the parts he want to have in the game.

And you will be able to buy a IAP which includes ALL of the other IAP.
Then you only pay once and have all packages in the game exactly as in an premium version :wink:

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:05
by CommanderABab
Sounds like a good plan!

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 13:03
by DreamBuilder
I do like the Airport and service package

How about landmarks? Or that's already a part of tourism...

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 14:20
by Ahmad Nur Aizat
Yep, part of the tourism package

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 15:37
by ChenZhen42
支持

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 15:44
by theotheoderich
Ahmad Nur Aizat wrote:Yep, part of the tourism package
how do you know? are you sure? I am still not sure about how we will handle it :roll:

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 16:54
by Ahmad Nur Aizat
theotheoderich wrote:how do you know? are you sure? I am still not sure about how we will handle it :roll:
Because why not? Most of the landmarks were considered as Tourism places. So it's because that I'm surely assume that landmarks will be categorised as the package mentioned

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 19:18
by NisekoKilla
Dmainak07@gmail.com wrote:
LukasMelbourne wrote:These packages will be in game files or after purchase package will download from the server?
I know what u meant to say...😂😂
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:28
by mj13
Do any of the building packages have highway/interstate overpasses?

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:10
by Ahmad Nur Aizat
mj13 wrote:Do any of the building packages have highway/interstate overpasses?
Uhh, no. Already mentioned many times about it