about Complex Industries

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

yusuf8a684
Reactions:

about Complex Industries

Post by yusuf8a684 »

Hello guys, I am trying to make a factory tycoon plugin, and started with steel production

Currently I have made a chimney for blast furnace, Blast Furnace Gas (BFG) silo and an office building for the steel cooperation...
Show
Images about the plugin
ff.PNG

I am going to make coke oven battery, coke battery chimney ,blast furnace and rotation aware metal workshops for next

PCI (Pulverized coal injection) building and quickLimestone factory are in my mind already but if you want to suggest more buildings related with steel mills or want to send images of the buildings feel free to send here

I dont want to see more production trees suggestions, I want to finish steel first. ALSO please read my signature :)

BlueDragonFire
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Re: about Complex Industries

Post by BlueDragonFire »

How about an open, roofed storage area? Something like the pic but for steel products (plates, beams, rails, etc...). Maybe even a forklift or 2 moving around (with or without loads)? A rail system for moving the really heavy stuff around the yard?

Just some top-of-the-head ideas. :)
images.jpg
images.jpg (17.72 KiB) Viewed 2910 times

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

You could include some vehicle depots for exporting the materials. Like special harbors or truck parking lots.

BlueDragonFire
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Post by BlueDragonFire »

Here's a thought I had this morning. You could make it so your mill takes in some trash, as if it was taking scrap metal for recycling. That would reduce what goes to the dump.

yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

Thanks for your suggestions guys but I feel like I am wasting time on this project. Soo I am going to stop working on this for a long while. I have some exams and real life stuff, I cant really use my time on Lua and complex factory textures now

yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

I am stuck between some thoughts about this plugin... Currently, I have made its code work but it is not actually what I wanted in my mind before about this plugin. Also, it seems like this plugin is not really suitable for most of the player base TheoTown has right now. My other thought about this is turning all of these plugin structures into a normal industrial plugin.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”