Palette

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

kostett
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Show

Palette

Post by kostett » Fri Feb 17, 2017 15:50

Could you please upload or describe pallete for buildings? I want to make some plugins with buildings and I think it's mindless without agreement with genuine palette.

theotheoderich
The Theo in TheoTown
Reactions:

Post by theotheoderich » Fri Feb 17, 2017 16:45

You do not have to use a color palette.
TheoTown use a 32 bit graphics engine. So you can use alle colors ant transparency.
The box label said, "Requires Windows 10 or better.", so I bought an Amiga Computer.

kostett
Settler
Reactions:

Post by kostett » Fri Feb 17, 2017 17:40

theotheoderich wrote:You do not have to use a color palette.
TheoTown use a 32 bit graphics engine. So you can use alle colors ant transparency.
But without palette it may looking ugly. You can see that in neighbour forum, where people shows mods which made by themselves. In pixelart, it's usual to use one palette for all project.

theotheoderich
The Theo in TheoTown
Reactions:

Post by theotheoderich » Fri Feb 17, 2017 18:03

That is the reason why we do not use pure pixelart.
I create most of the buildings with a mixture of pixelart, drawing tools, textures and special effects functions.

Most the buildings in the plugin forum, where users can show their own houses, are "ugly" because the user are not trained to draw buildings.
It is not a matter of having a color palette or not. It is a matter of drawing skills and training.
I am doing pixel art graphics since 1987 :wink: , but I am still learning with every new building.
The box label said, "Requires Windows 10 or better.", so I bought an Amiga Computer.

kostett
Settler
Reactions:

Post by kostett » Sat Feb 18, 2017 21:44

theotheoderich wrote:That is the reason why we do not use pure pixelart.
I create most of the buildings with a mixture of pixelart, drawing tools, textures and special effects functions.

Most the buildings in the plugin forum, where users can show their own houses, are "ugly" because the user are not trained to draw buildings.
It is not a matter of having a color palette or not. It is a matter of drawing skills and training.
I am doing pixel art graphics since 1987 :wink: , but I am still learning with every new building.
Thank you for so explainable answer :)
After your answer, I only want to say that all the graphics looks in one style and I cannot explain that else if was created with using the common palette.

Ahmad Nur Aizat
TheoTown Veteran
Reactions:
Version: Beta
Phone model: Galaxy A50

Platform

Plugin Creator

Post by Ahmad Nur Aizat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:39

Well, I used random mixture of colours too, so it gives me a freedom of imagination and creativity on creating a building

danekbel
Inhabitant of a Galaxy Cluster
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Platform

Plugin Creator

Post by danekbel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 0:56

theotheoderich wrote:.
Wow, so much.
How old are you?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”