Better TheoTown Plugin Annoucement

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

Wekabu city
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Better TheoTown Plugin Annoucement

Post by Wekabu city »

Derncho RBLX wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 15:32
<snip>
- Willing to work for free (with credit and maybe some diamonds)
<snip>
I would participate, but what can be considered "Free" in your eyes? Because clearly the Theotown community has proven to have some ............
* like this recent issue
* or this one
* or whatever this was
issues with the dignity of the work of certain authors.

PixelDubs
TheoTown Veteran in Pension
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Wekabu city wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 20:13
Derncho RBLX wrote:
<snip>
<snip>
I would participate, but what can be considered "Free" in your eyes? Because clearly the Theotown community has proven to have some ............
* like this recent issue
* or this one
* or whatever this was
They would get diamonds for their work, though using TT forums and me not being able to use PMs is a big issue.

Wekabu city
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wekabu city »

Derncho RBLX wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 11:15
Wekabu city wrote:
Derncho RBLX wrote:
<snip>
<snip>
* like this recent issue
* or this one
* or whatever this was
They would get diamonds for their work, though using TT forums and me not being able to use PMs is a big issue.
I already know that, I was most asking about what control I would have over the work I submit (even after it is submitted) and what rights I would have over the full work in general.

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Wekabu city wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 16:17
Derncho RBLX wrote:
Wekabu city wrote:

* like this recent issue
* or this one
* or whatever this was
I already know that, I was most asking about what control I would have over the work I submit (even after it is submitted) and what rights I would have over the full work in general.
I would allow you to make it on your own plugins after we upload you work into the store, for copyright issues, make sure you do not share it until our plugin gets updated with you stuff, and then just give proof to an admin of this post if they want it.
We will add credit too on the description.

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Wekabu city wrote:
Derncho RBLX wrote:
Wekabu city wrote:

* like this recent issue
* or this one
* or whatever this was
Hopefully an admin will let me use PMs until I'm legal age for discord.

Wekabu city
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wekabu city »

Derncho RBLX wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 19:53
Wekabu city wrote:
Derncho RBLX wrote:

I'm also available via mail or IRC (although latter is only during weekends as I shut that off during most weekdays to not get distracted from work), both of them don't have any age limit at all.
The means of communication is not really an issue for any well set-up project.

What even is the project about? Is it only about creating new Theotown-like assets and game-play elements or is it a lot more different that from what I got from the current description?

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Wekabu city wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 21:51
Derncho RBLX wrote:
Wekabu city wrote:

I'm also available via mail or IRC (although latter is only during weekends as I shut that off during most weekdays to not get distracted from work), both of them don't have any age limit at all.

What even is the project about? Is it only about creating new Theotown-like assets and game-play elements or is it a lot more different that from what I got from the current description?
It is new assets and transport such as ferries, and more planes.
So you are talking about email?
Email me, my email I hope an admin will let me do this, is jackfoster2008i@<..>
And for an armin seeing this, it is my email which I do not mind sharing.

Wekabu city
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wekabu city »

Derncho RBLX wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 11:37
Wekabu city wrote:
Derncho RBLX wrote:

Hm yeah, then I will look towards the project but I am not a good artist at all, which means that I cannot really contribute to the project.
I'm more the guy that does or joins stupid projects, but I think this is a more serious project, so I probably won't participate.

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Wekabu city wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 20:16
Derncho RBLX wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 11:37
Wekabu city wrote:

Hm yeah, then I will look towards the project but I am not a good artist at all, which means that I cannot really contribute to the project.
I'm more the guy that does or joins stupid projects, but I think this is a more serious project, so I probably won't participate.
That is fine.

The Edge
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by The Edge »

Are you going to be making transport units we can spawn individually and give orders to transport cargo and passengers?

Rci would need to be setup that each building produces something, transport stations would need to be setup that it collects a percentage of whatever is produced in its radius.
Could be 1 station for each type of cargo. Start simple in the future someone will figure out multiple cargo units in the same station.
Or a station produces a tick every few seconds for each building or resource in its radius. Great idea i think i have but i have no knowledge of code. I get that it would be extremely hard to pull off. But if someone ever wanted a serious challenge.
I want to have bus stops setup and watch my bus travel down the road filling up and dropping off at each station.
Or watch my airplane take turns to land unload loadup and take off while other planes are doing the same.
It would be nice to send a train to an oil well for pick up and drop off at a refinery. And another truck to pickup gas at the refinery and take it to a gas station.
You could make it simple each plugin uses the same tick creation you could use any vehicle for any tick created. But if you give vehicle orders it would select the station to make it seem like it counts. Being this simple a tanker truck could pick up passengers at a bus stop.

It would gain alot more interest to this game.
Maybe offer plugin creators a percentage of money if a certain amount of diamonds or other paid for currency are spent on the plugins.

I think its time for someone new to challenge themselves.

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

The Edge wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 06:38
Are you going to be making transport units we can spawn individually and give orders to transport cargo and passengers?

Rci would need to be setup that each building produces something, transport stations would need to be setup that it collects a percentage of whatever is produced in its radius.
Could be 1 station for each type of cargo. Start simple in the future someone will figure out multiple cargo units in the same station.
Or a station produces a tick every few seconds for each building or resource in its radius. Great idea i think i have but i have no knowledge of code. I get that it would be extremely hard to pull off. But if someone ever wanted a serious challenge.
I want to have bus stops setup and watch my bus travel down the road filling up and dropping off at each station.
Or watch my airplane take turns to land unload loadup and take off while other planes are doing the same.
It would be nice to send a train to an oil well for pick up and drop off at a refinery. And another truck to pickup gas at the refinery and take it to a gas station.
You could make it simple each plugin uses the same tick creation you could use any vehicle for any tick created. But if you give vehicle orders it would select the station to make it seem like it counts. Being this simple a tanker truck could pick up passengers at a bus stop.

It would gain alot more interest to this game.
Maybe offer plugin creators a percentage of money if a certain amount of diamonds or other paid for currency are spent on the plugins.

I think its time for someone new to challenge themselves.
With current LUA and plugin, not possible.

Kulche
Pluche
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Kulche »

With the power of Lua, anything is possible. Kind of.

Are you skilled enough or are you just depending on others to create things for you?

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Kulche wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 13:27
With the power of Lua, anything is possible. Kind of.

Are you skilled enough or are you just depending on others to create things for you?
I will do the JEONS, and I do this thing alot where people willing to join without pay, becuase they want to do it for fun, can join in the development.

The Edge
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by The Edge »

In the end its about community, anyone who puts in many hours of tedious work should get proper recognition, and a potential kickback if possible.

At the same time it would be ridiculous that one person think they have the only or there is only one solution.
And thats what makes a great community ones who share their thoughts and ideas and those who allow others to share.

With that said, i dont know anything about coding. And i do not see myself having the time to learn it anytime soon.
I always enjoyed the original sim city as a kid on an old 386 dos based system.
Then transport tycoon in the mid 90s.

So i see these games as relics of my life. Always enjoyed them always thought it would be great to have them mashed up slightly..

If i can at the very least help by testing or tossing ideas out that maybe others havnt thought of. Id be happy to help in conversation.

Maybe the base coding of theotown doesnt permit certain aspects right now. But with the very little knowledge i do have, anything is possible as was stated above.

I believe openttd and theotown are now using the same coding platform? Is that correct?
If so, someone should be able to pick through code for ideas to allow new attributes.

Wekabu city
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wekabu city »

The Edge wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 02:29
I believe openttd and theotown are now using the same coding platform? Is that correct?
Judging from that Theotown is spitting out Java Exceptions on fail, I doubt it, but it is always possible that Theotown is now using Java bindings for SDL (but LWJGL makes more sense)

The Edge
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by The Edge »

Hows this project coming along??

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator