Why is thumbnail extremely low quality?

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

Globhopping
Settler
Reactions:

Why is thumbnail extremely low quality?

Post by Globhopping »

I recently made a plugin for adding lgbt+ flags into the game and the plugin itself works fine but the thumbnail, no matter what resolution the png in the file is... is always really pixelated. And I know it's not like the "max resolution" you can have the thumbnail, cause it's like 64x64...
I completely copied everything from the sample plugin btw. Haven't changed anything but the title, id, and the "thumbnail" directory. Please help ;-;

Zman The Man
Some Guy
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Re: Why is thumbnail extremely low quality?

Post by Zman The Man »

Globhopping wrote:
03 May 2021, 21:56
I recently made a plugin for adding lgbt+ flags into the game and the plugin itself works fine but the thumbnail, no matter what resolution the png in the file is... is always really pixelated. And I know it's not like the "max resolution" you can have the thumbnail, cause it's like 64x64...
I completely copied everything from the sample plugin btw. Haven't changed anything but the title, id, and the "thumbnail" directory. Please help ;-;
This is a pixelated city sim, you should try make the flags pixely so it suits the graphics

Globhopping
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Globhopping »

Zman The Man wrote:
03 May 2021, 23:28
This is a pixelated city sim, you should try make the flags pixely so it suits the graphics
Each of them are 16x48. But in the thumbnail most of them are reduced to like 12 pixels each (the flag itself, not the flagpole)
First picture is the image I put in the plugin file for the thumbnail. Second is a screenshot of what the actual thumbnail looks like. And then the third one is what other thumbnails usually look like, aka, not pixelated. Using Drive cause the attachment option is acting weird. Also, thank you for replying.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... H096vZ3lYw

Zman The Man
Some Guy
Reactions:

Post by Zman The Man »

Globhopping wrote:
05 May 2021, 21:40
Each of them are 16x48. But in the thumbnail most of them are reduced to like 12 pixels each (the flag itself, not the flagpole)
First picture is the image I put in the plugin file for the thumbnail. Second is a screenshot of what the actual thumbnail looks like. And then the third one is what other thumbnails usually look like, aka, not pixelated. Using Drive cause the attachment option is acting weird. Also, thank you for replying.

Your welcome, the flags seem to suit the game's graphics honestly, or am I blind?

Kamikazi
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Kamikazi »

Globhopping wrote:
05 May 2021, 21:40
Zman The Man wrote:
03 May 2021, 23:28

Thet's normal for local plugins that have a thumbnail in their plugin.manifest file. I have a bunch of them and the compression is quite extreme

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

Yeah, I have the same problem for my plug-ins

Globhopping
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Globhopping »

Kamikazi wrote:
06 May 2021, 17:49
Thet's normal for local plugins that have a thumbnail in their plugin.manifest file. I have a bunch of them and the compression is quite extreme
Oh okay. Umm, is there a way to fix that or will it just always stay like that as a local plugin?

Kamikazi
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Kamikazi »

Globhopping wrote:
11 May 2021, 20:38
Kamikazi wrote:
06 May 2021, 17:49
Oh okay. Umm, is there a way to fix that or will it just always stay like that as a local plugin?
It will always be like that

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”