I'm leaving the " TheoTown Communauty "

Here you can talk about everything you want.
_Rock Fort_
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

I'm leaving the " TheoTown Communauty "

Post by _Rock Fort_ »

Hello , I'm RockFort and thats may be my last message as a plugin creator here .If you knew me , i was a plugin creator who did several plugins for this game . After a long inactivity in plugin creation ( making plugins only time to time , I decided to leave the TheoTown communauty for several reasons :

- The communauty himself : the communauty changed drastically during my presence . It got worser and worser . Especially with the apparition of the plugin shop , leading to bad and ugly overpriced plugins , repetitive overpriced flags , planes packs , and other stuff
But after all we can't really say a thing about it . You can make it in less than 5 minutes , and sell it 3 times more that a pack i made during months , but thats fine , you are free to choose to buy it or not . However today , i am seeing more and more plugins stealers . I used in the past to make buildings ideas from the communauty ( aka Tokyo Pack , some of my towers , etc .... ) but often , i hasn't got thanks for my works . It's really a pain , when you try to work hard for this . So some of my stuff was even stolen , which is a complete shame but i don't say a word about it . Now today , the new plugins creators doesn't show respect to the older ones , which is quite bad and create a border between the two .

- Also the communauty now is really hard . I've receive a lot of bad comments , insults and even racist insults , people saying i'm greedy and a money stealer , while i took time and love into my creations and always put the plugins in the shop and the forum , and even more making some forum-only plugins for free !
The communauty put a big pression on good plugin creators , always asking for impossible things , do not care about the people.

- The 26/09/2019 , a major industrial outbreak happened in the city where i lived , Rouen . A chimical plant explosed , resulting in polluting the atmospher with a unknown composition , polluting water and ground , resulting in destroying the agricultural econonmy in the region .
Although French governement said there was no risk for human life , i lost the few trust i still had for the french governement and i'm persuaded that i might dying somehow because of it , the economy and the reputation of my beloved région ( Normandy ) is ruined . Even today , i can't forget about it almost every time. Its now a usually joke to talk about the incident here , in Rouen . Also the Rouen inhabitants are feeling very bad because of the lack of support from the governement and especially major french medias who prefer talking about a dead french president that talking about a major outbreak who touched around 500000 people ( and even more if we count the countryside ) . Its really a pain to be forgetted by the rest of your own country .Even my own brothers , who lived near the coast , didn't know about it when i rushed to my hometown the day after the outbreak ( i couldn't stand to stay trapped in the city ; evenmore i had planned everything if a major outbreak or even zombie outbreak ( lol ) happened ) So i decided thats if a thing happened in Paris i would not give a s*** because they wasn't here where we needed them

- I don't have a lot of time as i used to have before , because of school stuff and my new projects

- I'm very disappointed after the banishement of Kekman , who is a man i enjoyed his work , who was an excellent plugin creator for whom people should have more respect for him

- I'm tired every few time i connect to the forum to see atrocities , bad comments and bad people

- I lost motivation for plugin creation , especially because of what i just explained . Now when i try to open Pixly and draw a thing , i just draw something for 10 minutes and stopping it , with thinking its bad , don't want to go further.

- As said before , now i turned to new personnal projects , which is making mapping a map for ETS2 . It take more time that a plugin , but i'm free to work on it , don't have a pressure on it. I also had other projects , which is to start drawing back and to try to make my own comics , like that i used to make a few years before i'm getting to high school lol , and also come back to Minecraft a bit , with people that i used to know a long time before even plugin creation and that still present .

After all i may not be gone for the eternality . Someday i might release an other plugin , but now i will decline every request from the communauty. I will make only what i like and what i want , no matter what the communauty thinks . Even if its just for 2 people i will be glad that some people like my work .

My plugins will still be available in the forum , because i know some people still like my work and don't have a lot of money to put in . You will know that RockFort is a very passioned , open man with a big heart and who doesn't care about fame and money ,and who isn't a racist and stupid french guy , unlike some people think because they are jalous or try to get profit of me

I hope to see improvements in the future but i think it will get even worser . So goodbye communauty , big thanks to all the people who supported my work during the glorious age of RockFort ( lol )
For the last good plugin creators who still here i wish you thr best luck to your projects . I'm still available on Discord , not as often than before , and not much present on the official TheoTown Discord but i'm still here , i will not completely disappear

Edubbs15
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Platform

Re: I'm leaving the " TheoTown Communauty "

Post by Edubbs15 »

We will miss you Rock and quite frankly it will be really different without you. But do what is best for you and do what is best for your life.~ Best wishes and best regards Evan Wheeler

PenangLion1016
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PenangLion1016 »

#ripkek
Goodbye Rockfort,
your plugins and creations,
will forever be regarded.

Mg3094066
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Mg3094066 »

You know your progress in the school is much when you notice your imagination doesn't exist anymore and you dont remember what signifies that word, imagination... someone can tell me what is it?
...im at highschool 2nd and last grade since i'm at a adult school

malsa
Inhabitant of a Multiverse
Reactions:

Platform

Post by malsa »

Thank you for everything and good luck

I will never forget you

Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

_Rock Fort_ wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 06:25
- Also the communauty now is really hard . I've receive a lot of bad comments , insults and even racist insults , people saying i'm greedy and a money stealer
Did you consult a mod/admin about this as this is against forum rules.
PM me if you need further assistance.

LumpRee
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LumpRee »

Show
Huge quote
_Rock Fort_ wrote:
Hello , I'm RockFort and thats may be my last message as a plugin creator here .If you knew me , i was a plugin creator who did several plugins for this game . After a long inactivity in plugin creation ( making plugins only time to time , I decided to leave the TheoTown communauty for several reasons :

- The communauty himself : the communauty changed drastically during my presence . It got worser and worser . Especially with the apparition of the plugin shop , leading to bad and ugly overpriced plugins , repetitive overpriced flags , planes packs , and other stuff
But after all we can't really say a thing about it . You can make it in less than 5 minutes , and sell it 3 times more that a pack i made during months , but thats fine , you are free to choose to buy it or not . However today , i am seeing more and more plugins stealers . I used in the past to make buildings ideas from the communauty ( aka Tokyo Pack , some of my towers , etc .... ) but often , i hasn't got thanks for my works . It's really a pain , when you try to work hard for this . So some of my stuff was even stolen , which is a complete shame but i don't say a word about it . Now today , the new plugins creators doesn't show respect to the older ones , which is quite bad and create a border between the two .

- Also the communauty now is really hard . I've receive a lot of bad comments , insults and even racist insults , people saying i'm greedy and a money stealer , while i took time and love into my creations and always put the plugins in the shop and the forum , and even more making some forum-only plugins for free !
The communauty put a big pression on good plugin creators , always asking for impossible things , do not care about the people.

- The 26/09/2019 , a major industrial outbreak happened in the city where i lived , Rouen . A chimical plant explosed , resulting in polluting the atmospher with a unknown composition , polluting water and ground , resulting in destroying the agricultural econonmy in the region .
Although French governement said there was no risk for human life , i lost the few trust i still had for the french governement and i'm persuaded that i might dying somehow because of it , the economy and the reputation of my beloved région ( Normandy ) is ruined . Even today , i can't forget about it almost every time. Its now a usually joke to talk about the incident here , in Rouen . Also the Rouen inhabitants are feeling very bad because of the lack of support from the governement and especially major french medias who prefer talking about a dead french president that talking about a major outbreak who touched around 500000 people ( and even more if we count the countryside ) . Its really a pain to be forgetted by the rest of your own country .Even my own brothers , who lived near the coast , didn't know about it when i rushed to my hometown the day after the outbreak ( i couldn't stand to stay trapped in the city ; evenmore i had planned everything if a major outbreak or even zombie outbreak ( lol ) happened ) So i decided thats if a thing happened in Paris i would not give a s*** because they wasn't here where we needed them

- I don't have a lot of time as i used to have before , because of school stuff and my new projects

- I'm very disappointed after the banishement of Kekman , who is a man i enjoyed his work , who was an excellent plugin creator for whom people should have more respect for him

- I'm tired every few time i connect to the forum to see atrocities , bad comments and bad people

- I lost motivation for plugin creation , especially because of what i just explained . Now when i try to open Pixly and draw a thing , i just draw something for 10 minutes and stopping it , with thinking its bad , don't want to go further.

- As said before , now i turned to new personnal projects , which is making mapping a map for ETS2 . It take more time that a plugin , but i'm free to work on it , don't have a pressure on it. I also had other projects , which is to start drawing back and to try to make my own comics , like that i used to make a few years before i'm getting to high school lol , and also come back to Minecraft a bit , with people that i used to know a long time before even plugin creation and that still present .

After all i may not be gone for the eternality . Someday i might release an other plugin , but now i will decline every request from the communauty. I will make only what i like and what i want , no matter what the communauty thinks . Even if its just for 2 people i will be glad that some people like my work .

My plugins will still be available in the forum , because i know some people still like my work and don't have a lot of money to put in . You will know that RockFort is a very passioned , open man with a big heart and who doesn't care about fame and money ,and who isn't a racist and stupid french guy , unlike some people think because they are jalous or try to get profit of me

I hope to see improvements in the future but i think it will get even worser . So goodbye communauty , big thanks to all the people who supported my work during the glorious age of RockFort ( lol )
For the last good plugin creators who still here i wish you thr best luck to your projects . I'm still available on Discord , not as often than before , and not much present on the official TheoTown Discord but i'm still here , i will not completely disappear
Goodbye dude

Keith ward
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by Keith ward »

Shame on the abusers! Shame they forced you out! It was your work together with montemarino, Mr French,the max and Dutch guy, that got me interested in city building! That Frenchpack was spectacular! Rouen is just over the channel from me in Bournemouth,so sending luck for the future!

-LeoLeo-
Inhabitant of a Solar System
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by -LeoLeo- »

I'm definitely gonna miss your presence very much... But if you're happy then I'm happy. Good luck with life. See you around...!

MONTEMARINO
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Platform

Post by MONTEMARINO »

Thank you Rock Fort for all your contribution to this community, it was amazing!

Motivation as inspiration are cycles in my opinion... sometimes you're up and sometimes down, but it will keep changing unstoppable. However is true that too many things are going wrong in here...

I'm totally agree with Kekman's case. I tried in many ways to solve it democratically and all I got was rejection, as if any single solution given couldn't unlock the situation. After that I understood that there was a really BIG problem in moderation roles. Some mods are taking the charge abusing of privileges, instead of being neutral. I feel there's no willingness to establish order and control, but to moderate in favor of few for personal reasons.

There are many new creators in here, discord or PS, and that's grate since that's enlarging this community. Some of them are working really hard, and you can see the progress and effort every time they improve their creations. Although there are many disruptive users being very disrespectful with others. Here there is a big lack of moderation. This passivity or inaction is surprisingly in contrast with other reactionary behaviors when the report refers to specific users.

After this speech, I just want to say that today is a sad day not only for your farewell, but also for what this means and which consequences will bring it to this forum, and the whole Theotown universe.

May the Force be with you @_Rock Fort_ :space

LumpRee
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LumpRee »

LumpRee wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 14:00
Show
Huge quote
_Rock Fort_ wrote:

Goodbye dude
No but really thanks for everything you've been a huge inspiration to me and I bet numerous others. it was fun while it lasted.

Mg3094066
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Mg3094066 »

Welp... i disagree with kekman banishment also i don't believe mods want to make a server a entire kindergarten, Discord already advised kids aren't allowed and if this doesn't prevents them fom entering isnt our fault, someone blame their imbecile parents.
I'm not a stupid milenial that overprotects their children at the point they doesn't punish them for doing prohibited things and if they get caught i don't blame the moderator in this case discord.

Ahmad Nur Aizat
TheoTown Veteran
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Ahmad Nur Aizat »

Well, unfortunately you know how those edgy tryhard kids will do to get what they want, right?

Mg3094066
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Mg3094066 »

Ahmad Nur Aizat wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 06:31
Well, unfortunately you know how those edgy tryhard kids will do to get what they want, right?
Not if you ban targeted insults... also i'm edgy... XD
Also you can ban those kids just because they are kids.
Also aply toxicity scales. Dont let them go further

Mg3094066
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Mg3094066 »

This sounds weird but can i merge Mexicans Roads with the expansion at the plugin store?

_Rock Fort_
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by _Rock Fort_ »

Mg3094066 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:53
This sounds weird but can i merge Mexicans Roads with the expansion at the plugin store?
Yes of course sir its based on your work and if you can fix the small graphics bugs it would be really good

JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by JustAnyone »

The merging has been approved.

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

Hey rock i know you are leaving already but maybe we can always lurk this place together ;) but a late farewell from me. It was nice making content for this place...

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

Also rock if you are reading this, im sorry for what the french government has done to your place. Agriculture has a special place in my heart and that being destroyed by chemical plants is really tragic and should not happen. I hope you manage to go through your hard times and I pray that things will go better, someday... Take your time making plugins because it is just a hobby.

The reason I'm not making plugins anymore is because I'm preoccupied with my real life work and an adult person gotta earn his income for the "society" we live in. Maybe there will be a renaissance of plugins one day but lets live through the Dark Ages first ;)

hihihihi
Metropolitan
Reactions:

Platform

Post by hihihihi »

we will never forget you rock
farewell.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Smalltalk”