TheoTown Forum Chatbox

Here you can talk about everything you want.
Blyat009
Villager
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

Re: TheoTown Forum Chatbox

Post by Blyat009 »

I'm sorry there are a variety of things

-LeoLeo-
Inhabitant of a Solar System
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by -LeoLeo- »

Hi, my name's Connor.
I'm the Androids sent by Cyberlife.

sairam
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Platform

Post by sairam »

I have created new Chatbox for Bengali and Tamil nadu users. Please use this hereafter. Here is the link to that Chatbox. https://theotown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8136

JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by JustAnyone »

Tree chopping in herehere...Image

Kevin hung
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Kevin hung »

RealBarky
Settler
Reactions:

Post by RealBarky »

Hello guys,

This is Barky writing, I have to use this account as I no longer have access to the old account or it's email. I know this is technically against the rules but this is for a single post.

I have left this forum for a while now. I left with no real explanation or clear indication I was gone. I did not think of it at the time so I thought I'd take this chance to explain.

1: Why I left:

I left the forum for a few reasons including but not limited to:
  • Nonsense posts
As time went on the forum was filling with more and more nonsense posts.
  • Members
Members have changed, old ones had left and new had arrived and the new were iffy at best. Everyone seemed different and it wasnt as enjoyable interacting as it previously had been. I believe even Dusko, a controversial member, whether you liked him or not he had been around for a long time and contributed to Theotown, has left with his plug-ins.
  • Burned Out
I got burned out, being on the forum seemed more and more like a chore than entertainment.

And finally:
  • Theotown's State
Theotown, in my own opinion, has gone downhill ever since the diamond system was added. Unecessary changes were made and ever good feature added always seemed to have a catch. A lot of the community wanted changes and yet Lobby never made them, instead going with small changes to unliked features which didnt make much of an impact. The premium system was a much better idea, not only would it have made the game appear better (no diamonds, locked buildings, ect) but it would have made a lot more then the diamond idea. It made more sense. I feel ever since Theo left development things have been getting worse. The game was much better a time ago and it's really a shame how things turned out. Even now I still feel Lobby should scrap the diamond system to replace with a premium and look to getting another developer or graphics designer lessening the load. Unfortunately it's probaly too late. With the tunnel system and other features it didn't feel like the original Theotown. Theotown used to be a hobby, made for fun and passion, yet with the things Lobby was saying at the time when I left it seemed like Lobby was trying to make a living solely on Theotown, which made no sense to me personally. Micro transactions may bring nice profit in competitive online games such as Clash of Clans or Mobile Strike however on a pixel city builder not so much. Personally I would wrap up Theotown, the game has been in development for years and at this point it would be rewarding moving onto newer, more exciting things. The plug in system was great and allowed content to be created by the community, for the community. If Lobby wants to earn a living developing games, he needs to move on. Theotown doesn't need tons of new features, to be in development for another few years, the game has enough content and with polishing could be "fully released" in a small amount of time. It isn't profitable, especially with the diamond system, and honestly feels like it's run it's coarse.

Anyway that's all I have to write, this may not be the most well worded post but I have already given a lot of my time to Theotown and the forum and do not wish to give much more. These are only my opinions. I've had good times ad bad times on this forum and am grateful for the experience. To all the members that knew me on the forum, take this as a final goodbye I suppose.

-Barky

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

@everyone
This forum was created to offer a platform for TheoTown players who want to share their cities, ideas, plugins, role-playing or just want to hang around. Feel free to make this place to whatever you like it to be (as long as it's within the rules and you respect other users the way they are), or, if that's what you want to do, leave it behind.

Changes to the game itself got more difficult the bigger and bigger the whole project got. The source code alone grow to more than 70,000 lines of code over the past few years. At the same time personal matters force me to spend less time on development. About diamonds and pricing: Considering that most content of the game is literally for free I think it's way cheaper than you can expect it to be.

malsa
Inhabitant of a Multiverse
Reactions:

Platform

Post by malsa »

I didn't know that the ok hand sign was satanic symbol
I sorry

JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by JustAnyone »

I have a secret!

malsa
Inhabitant of a Multiverse
Reactions:

Platform

Post by malsa »

*Whisper* What it is?

JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by JustAnyone »

*whispers*
You will know that secret soon enough...red eyes...

Free3021
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Free3021 »

Show
Huge quote
RealBarky wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 20:09
Hello guys,

This is Barky writing, I have to use this account as I no longer have access to the old account or it's email. I know this is technically against the rules but this is for a single post.

I have left this forum for a while now. I left with no real explanation or clear indication I was gone. I did not think of it at the time so I thought I'd take this chance to explain.

1: Why I left:

I left the forum for a few reasons including but not limited to:
  • Nonsense posts
As time went on the forum was filling with more and more nonsense posts.
  • Members
Members have changed, old ones had left and new had arrived and the new were iffy at best. Everyone seemed different and it wasnt as enjoyable interacting as it previously had been. I believe even former member, a controversial member, whether you liked him or not he had been around for a long time and contributed to Theotown, has left with his plug-ins.
  • Burned Out
I got burned out, being on the forum seemed more and more like a chore than entertainment.

And finally:
  • Theotown's State
Theotown, in my own opinion, has gone downhill ever since the diamond system was added. Unecessary changes were made and ever good feature added always seemed to have a catch. A lot of the community wanted changes and yet Lobby never made them, instead going with small changes to unliked features which didnt make much of an impact. The premium system was a much better idea, not only would it have made the game appear better (no diamonds, locked buildings, ect) but it would have made a lot more then the diamond idea. It made more sense. I feel ever since Theo left development things have been getting worse. The game was much better a time ago and it's really a shame how things turned out. Even now I still feel Lobby should scrap the diamond system to replace with a premium and look to getting another developer or graphics designer lessening the load. Unfortunately it's probaly too late. With the tunnel system and other features it didn't feel like the original Theotown. Theotown used to be a hobby, made for fun and passion, yet with the things Lobby was saying at the time when I left it seemed like Lobby was trying to make a living solely on Theotown, which made no sense to me personally. Micro transactions may bring nice profit in competitive online games such as Clash of Clans or Mobile Strike however on a pixel city builder not so much. Personally I would wrap up Theotown, the game has been in development for years and at this point it would be rewarding moving onto newer, more exciting things. The plug in system was great and allowed content to be created by the community, for the community. If Lobby wants to earn a living developing games, he needs to move on. Theotown doesn't need tons of new features, to be in development for another few years, the game has enough content and with polishing could be "fully released" in a small amount of time. It isn't profitable, especially with the diamond system, and honestly feels like it's run it's coarse.

Anyway that's all I have to write, this may not be the most well worded post but I have already given a lot of my time to Theotown and the forum and do not wish to give much more. These are only my opinions. I've had good times ad bad times on this forum and am grateful for the experience. To all the members that knew me on the forum, take this as a final goodbye I suppose.

-Barky
Uhh I tried to do the same ranting and I get a warning

JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by JustAnyone »

@A guy from Shireport your signature reminds me of myself when I was 8 ears old.

-LeoLeo-
Inhabitant of a Solar System
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by -LeoLeo- »

Ears?

JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by JustAnyone »

Secret is this...
Beta update 1.5.11 changelog
🌟EPIC pickle disaster🥒
🌟Fix rotation issues in build tool on rotated maps🔄
🌟Fix bulldoze price for buildings🛠
🌟Fix rating issue🙂
🌟Fix health issues🚑

We wish you a lot of fun,
your TheoTown-Team 😃

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

pickles_hear_everything.png
pickles_hear_everything.png (16.41 KiB) Viewed 3545 times

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Looks all splotchy.

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

I haven't played theotown lately, being employed seems to leave you with very little time to make plugins and thus catching up to the game's development. And I will be honest, there has been very little new features this year (except for the garbage and new railway thingy).

I know coding a game is personally difficult and Lobby is probably busy for a while with his personal things, but I felt Theotown simply has became a sideshow and with the exodus of so much of the olden members of the forum, it has left plugin creation to suffer, and very few talented people could make up for the influx of somewhat untalented plugin creator or "copiers" of the old plugin ideas.

Its depressing to see some of these new members have no originality (not you Rock_Fort, I am not even gonna bother naming these new users) and have to resort to borrowing former member's plugin, instead of developing a new plugin idea or new original building textures. Even if they came with new original textures, its not quite uplifting the spirits as the ones made by talented plugin creators. There are even some kinds of users that resort to stealing other's hard work and go unpunished. They also have no etiquette (hate writing long to explain their plugin, using too much emoticons, using CAPS LOCK to EMPHASIZE their "importance" and always asking others to do their work for them, like "please help this", "i want this" and "please make this building". Such rudeness coming from this new people.

Personally, I think plugin creation needs to have some standards on determining which is actually a plugin and which is not. I do want to be "inclusive" that everyone could make plugins, but what if there are way to much focus on "quantity" instead of "quality".

Quality should come first and foremost in plugin making.
Sorry for my somewhat "boring" rant, I doubt most of you are gonna read anyway.

And even if you read it you are probably gonna give this :bx right? Personally I don't give a hoot, just do it. I am just tired seeing *sorry* poops making poops in this plugin making community (Except the talented ones, like yusuf, Kevin, Commander, Kingtut, Rock_fort, Pounkiller, Bearbear, borbor, JA, Montemarino and others that I forgot, sorry).

Go on and make your plugins. I hope plugin community can survive with this influx of some "cancerous" members into this site.

yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

Show
Huge quote
cesareborgia94 wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 19:08
I haven't played theotown lately, being employed seems to leave you with very little time to make plugins and thus catching up to the game's development. And I will be honest, there has been very little new features this year (except for the garbage and new railway thingy).

I know coding a game is personally difficult and Lobby is probably busy for a while with his personal things, but I felt Theotown simply has became a sideshow and with the exodus of so much of the olden members of the forum, it has left plugin creation to suffer, and very few talented people could make up for the influx of somewhat untalented plugin creator or "copiers" of the old plugin ideas.

Its depressing to see some of these new members have no originality (not you Rock_Fort, I am not even gonna bother naming these new users) and have to resort to borrowing former member's plugin, instead of developing a new plugin idea or new original building textures. Even if they came with new original textures, its not quite uplifting the spirits as the ones made by talented plugin creators. There are even some kinds of users that resort to stealing other's hard work and go unpunished. They also have no etiquette (hate writing long to explain their plugin, using too much emoticons, using CAPS LOCK to EMPHASIZE their "importance" and always asking others to do their work for them, like "please help this", "i want this" and "please make this building". Such rudeness coming from this new people.

Personally, I think plugin creation needs to have some standards on determining which is actually a plugin and which is not. I do want to be "inclusive" that everyone could make plugins, but what if there are way to much focus on "quantity" instead of "quality".

Quality should come first and foremost in plugin making.
Sorry for my somewhat "boring" rant, I doubt most of you are gonna read anyway.

And even if you read it you are probably gonna give this :bx right? Personally I don't give a hoot, just do it. I am just tired seeing *sorry* poops making poops in this plugin making community (Except the talented ones, like yusuf, Kevin, Commander, Kingtut, Rock_fort, Pounkiller, Bearbear, borbor, JA, Montemarino and others that I forgot, sorry).

Go on and make your plugins. I hope plugin community can survive with this influx of some "cancerous" members into this site.
Right, your explaining is so beautiful

Republic of Canada
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Republic of Canada »

“boring”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Smalltalk”