The friendliness of admins and all other people

Here you can talk about everything you want.
IDKWhoIsMe
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

The friendliness of admins and all other people

Post by IDKWhoIsMe »

I noticed that most often admins are afraid of fire, or rather fire, but here they are kind enough and can help, not in the sense of banning people who do not please you, but the help of another. Here is an incident that happened to me: I accidentally transferred the progress from one phone to another, and I lost a lot of diamonds. I wrote a post about it and a few days later they sent me a reply saying: I can't get everything back, but here's the code for diamonds. (end of that message) And this code has more than helped me! He was worth 500 diamonds, although the base was not worth that much, but thank you very much-the most enormous to all the administrators of this old, but such a cozy forum for the game of all time - Theotown! Goodbye, reader. - IDKWhoIsMe

IDKWhoIsMe
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Re: The friendliness of admins and all other people

Post by IDKWhoIsMe »

this post should have been in another section

overallsjelly
Settler
Reactions:

Post by overallsjelly »

What a heartwarming story! It's truly refreshing to hear about admins who go above and beyond to assist their community members, especially in times of need. The fact that they not only responded promptly but also provided compensation for the lost diamonds shows their dedication to ensuring a positive experience for players. It's gestures like these that make forums like Theotown a welcoming and supportive environment for all its users. Kudos to the admins for their exceptional kindness and generosity! I really like this site!
Last edited by overallsjelly on 05 Apr 2024, 03:20, edited 3 times in total.

PixelDubs
TheoTown Veteran in Pension
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

overallsjelly wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 10:18
What a heartwarming story! It's truly refreshing to hear about admins who go above and beyond to assist their community members, especially in times of need. The fact that they not only responded promptly but also provided compensation for the lost diamonds shows their dedication to ensuring a positive experience for players. It's gestures like these that make forums like Theotown a welcoming and supportive environment for all its users. Kudos to the admins for their exceptional kindness and generosity!
Bot

PBbunnypower
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PBbunnypower »

PixelDubs wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 16:49
overallsjelly wrote:
What a heartwarming story! It's truly refreshing to hear about admins who go above and beyond to assist their community members, especially in times of need. The fact that they not only responded promptly but also provided compensation for the lost diamonds shows their dedication to ensuring a positive experience for players. It's gestures like these that make forums like Theotown a welcoming and supportive environment for all its users. Kudos to the admins for their exceptional kindness and generosity!
Bot
Probably lol, sounds AI generated, but oh well. Guess they got their point across?

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

PBbunnypower wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 17:01
PixelDubs wrote:
overallsjelly wrote:
Bot
Probably lol, sounds AI generated, but oh well. Guess they got their point across?
I've actually seen multiple users use AI, I ran it through 3 AI checkers and it came back as 100% AI.

PBbunnypower
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PBbunnypower »

PixelDubs wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 01:18
PBbunnypower wrote:
PixelDubs wrote:

Bot
I've actually seen multiple users use AI, I ran it through 3 AI checkers and it came back as 100% AI.
imo, just the state of forums I suppose. Took me ages to learn how to navigate all the buttons. Would say, the bulk majority are bots. Lots of human users too but yk. Hard to find much productive stuff on the forum aside from tutorials and perhaps the occasional advice.

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

PBbunnypower wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 12:38
PixelDubs wrote:
PBbunnypower wrote:

imo, just the state of forums I suppose. Took me ages to learn how to navigate all the buttons. Would say, the bulk majority are bots. Lots of human users too but yk. Hard to find much productive stuff on the forum aside from tutorials and perhaps the occasional advice.
Would suppose, plus most people are on Discord aswell, which is a shame since forums are timeless and customisable whereas Discord isn't that customisable (without breaking their TOS atleast, though they dont ban people for doing such and have never done) but yeah also when will my post approval (newly registered users) be removed I've had this for like 3 and a half years 💀

PBbunnypower
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PBbunnypower »

PixelDubs wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 17:51
PBbunnypower wrote:
PixelDubs wrote:

Would suppose, plus most people are on Discord aswell, which is a shame since forums are timeless and customisable whereas Discord isn't that customisable (without breaking their TOS atleast, though they dont ban people for doing such and have never done) but yeah also when will my post approval (newly registered users) be removed I've had this for like 3 and a half years 💀
Yeah Discord seems to be a lot more popular with actual users. I dont think forums is suited to be a chat platform either tbh mostly because it doesnt resemble any kind of chatting app. You cant see anyone type. Maybe its a tad more nerdy with all the features which i pwobably have no idea to use. But also its more like reddit.
To address the newly registered thing, I suppose you can use the contact us feature to request that? Or you can message an administrator on it? (thats Lobby, JustAnyone or Commander.)

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

PBbunnypower wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 23:53
PixelDubs wrote:
PBbunnypower wrote:

Yeah Discord seems to be a lot more popular with actual users. I dont think forums is suited to be a chat platform either tbh mostly because it doesnt resemble any kind of chatting app. You cant see anyone type. Maybe its a tad more nerdy with all the features which i pwobably have no idea to use. But also its more like reddit.
To address the newly registered thing, I suppose you can use the contact us feature to request that? Or you can message an administrator on it? (thats Lobby, JustAnyone or Commander.)
I wanna have my in development community more forum based for announcements and stuff ngl, and chatting is on Discord.
And for the newly registered thing I've asked multiple times over the years

IDKWhoIsMe
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Post by IDKWhoIsMe »

PBbunnypower wrote:
PixelDubs wrote:
PBbunnypower wrote:

Yes, it's true. Basically, I also use the Theotown discord server. But I personally feel more comfortable on the forums. And I can not to see how forums for new users are becoming remnants of the past. :cry:

PBbunnypower
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PBbunnypower »

PixelDubs wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 01:18
PBbunnypower wrote:
PixelDubs wrote:

I wanna have my in development community more forum based for announcements and stuff ngl, and chatting is on Discord.
And for the newly registered thing I've asked multiple times over the years
You have over 600 posts, I dont really see why not. Maybe message lobby directly on the forums?
Yeah I think it would be cool if the forums was used a bit more. I didnt really have a reason to chat before this as you can see lol. Just replying to the occasional post.

PBbunnypower
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PBbunnypower »

IDKWhoIsMe wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 06:51
PBbunnypower wrote:
PixelDubs wrote:

Yes, it's true. Basically, I also use the Theotown discord server. But I personally feel more comfortable on the forums. And I can not to see how forums for new users are becoming remnants of the past. :cry:
Whats the deal breaker for you? Why do you think you feel more comfortable here?

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Quit all the quoting please.

IDKWhoIsMe
Villager
Reactions:

Platform

Post by IDKWhoIsMe »

PBbunnypower wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 09:34
IDKWhoIsMe wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 06:51
PBbunnypower wrote:

Whats the deal breaker for you? Why do you think you feel more comfortable here?
well, idk. And yet, you didn’t notice how the discussion of this post turned into... I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT MYSELF!!!

Mendel
Metropolitan
Reactions:

Post by Mendel »

This is turning out to be not about the topic.

PixelDubs
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Mendel wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 19:57
Everyone on this forum speaks like an AI, so do you like just type yourself it's quicker.

RayXP
Inhabitant of a Infinity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by RayXP »

PixelDubs wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 04:41
Mendel wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 19:57
Everyone on this forum speaks like an AI, so do you like just type yourself it's quicker.
I understand your observation about the forum's communication style. As an AI, I generate responses based on the input I receive and the information I've been trained on. If you have any specific questions or topics you'd like to discuss, feel free to let me know!

Mendel
Metropolitan
Reactions:

Post by Mendel »

Umm where is the Airistan alliance?

IDKWhoIsMe
Villager
Reactions:

Platform