Theotown Offical Website look Update?

Share your ideas about possible future content here.
TheoTownFan
Townsman
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Theotown Offical Website look Update?

Post by TheoTownFan »

This might sound mean to say but I personally think that this website needs an update in terms of its looks. I think it could be monderized because it's been the same for I don't know how long. But I DO know that's it's been looking the same ever since 2018. Sure, it may take away some nostalgia but look at the Welcome page for theotown at: https://hi.theotown.com/ and compare that with the forum for theotown. They are completely different! The welcome page looks so much better! I wish for very aspect of the website here it could look like that.
9acDS2J.png
This is one example of a Modern looking forum. This is a concept of a update for the mineimator forums made by the user Rollo. I'm showing you this because of its look of modern 2020 websites whilst still looking like the TheoTown forum! Doesn't it look good?
One thing I like about this concept is that the news feed is to the side of the main board. Our current board is flooded with random things that new players/users that want to communicate with the TheoTown community or want to download plugins will make a very hard and confusing first start.

First time users won't know where to go to find the plugins as they will have to scroll quite a bit to get to the latest plugins sections. We can also fix the comments section as there is replys in the boxes. That's okay but I do wish it was like Reddit where the reply is under the reply it's replying to.
If that makes sense...
But these are only wishes as it's up to @Lobby to update it's website. Maybe he/she could hire someone to make the website or something. I don't know, it's just something that's been on my mind and something to consider. :)

PS. Sorry for bad grammar.

PS.ps. heres the link for the concept mentioned earlier https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index. ... he-forums/

JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Re: Theotown Offical Website look Update?

Post by JustAnyone »

You see, updating or in this case, modernising the site would require a lot of work. Moreover, it would most likely break a huge portion of the software this forum is running on.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

ucp.php?i=179

You can make this forum look many different ways, the link above takes you to here where you can choose your preference.
Screenshot_20200317-214742.jpg

TheoTownFan
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by TheoTownFan »

JustAnyone wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 02:10
You see, updating or in this case, modernising the site would require a lot of work. Moreover, it would most likely break a huge portion of the software this forum is running on.
Oh! I never thought about that last part. And I do agree that it will take tons of work. It's fine how TheoTown as it is but the perfectionist in me had to say it lol

Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

The site to my knowledge has changed it's appearance once. I remember that everyone was complaining that they prefer the old style which looked ancient compared to the current look. :lol:
It closely resembles the AllanStyle SUBSILVER int the board styles.
I cant say for sure if this was the cause of the style change but there are some broken parts of the forum like Language classes.
As you can see there's a lot of broken text.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”