(Asian perspective)Some suggestions on agricultural areas

Share your ideas about possible future content here.
emperor
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

(Asian perspective)Some suggestions on agricultural areas

Post by emperor »

Although I've been in touch with the game since 2017, this is the first time I've published a proposal here. As a Chinese mainland game player, my English is poor..., so I have to translate some of my ideas into English with the help of translation software.Of course, poor doesn't mean bad. I believe there is still a lot of room for improvement in my English in the future.

Here are my game suggestions published on the Chinese online platform on February 26, 2018. Some of these ideas can be realized through the modules made by players and freely downloaded in the game due to the upgrade of the game version, but a large part of the content that has not been realized is still very meaningful in my sight even to this day. In order to avoid semantic ambiguity caused by improper translation, the following bilingual Chinese and English vision is provided for foreign players.

You can also jump to the original text through this link→https://www.taptap.com/topic/2602259
农业区
The agricultural area

游戏中农业区属于初级工业,乍一想来似乎无可厚非。然而这样设定农业区的地位就显得尴尬起来,试想游戏中农业区占用大量土地却只能满足少量贫困人口的就业,远不如建设工业区稍微污染一些土地大量解决就业来的划算,这样看来除了造景党对于普通玩家来说农业区就很鸡肋了。
The agricultural area in the game belongs to the primary industry, which seems to be no doubt at first thought. However, it is embarrassing to set up the position of agricultural area. It is better to construct industrial zone to pollute some land and solve the cost of employment by a large number of land. In this way, except for the Party of landscape making, the agricultural area is very difficult for ordinary players.

然而在现实生活中即使像上海这样的大城市郊区也是有大量农田的,很简单的道理,任何人类聚居区都需要粮食来支撑,最极端的情况没有食物产出也要到外地产粮区进口。
However, in real life, even the suburbs of big cities like Shanghai have a large number of farmland. It is simple that any human settlements need food to support. In the most extreme case, no food output is required to be imported into the food producing areas.

针对性的可行措施参考
Reference for targeted feasible measures

1.农业作为一个独立要素划分出来,可设立一个农业产值以此影响城市发展。
1. As an independent factor, agriculture can set up an agricultural output value to influence urban development.

2.既然现在游戏已经出现了冬季,不妨可以考虑四季更替,不同季节对农业产值造成不等影响,亦可推出时令性的农业生产项目增加挑战性。
2. Now that winter has already appeared in the game, we might as well consider the change of four seasons. Different seasons have different impacts on agricultural output value. We can also launch seasonal agricultural production projects to increase the challenge.

3.土地种类与质量对农业的影响。一般土地与沙地的产值不同,具体可发展的农业类型也不同;受污染土地上农业产值降低,产出对居民健康有损害。
3. The impact of land types and quality on agriculture. The output value of general land and sandy land is different, and the specific types of agriculture are also different; the output value of agriculture on polluted land is reduced, and the output is harmful to the health of residents.

4.灾害对农业的影响,诸如火灾洪水之类。还可以新增蝗灾与不正常气候,若不及时处理将对农业产值造成影响从而导致城市衰退。
4. The impact of disasters on agriculture, such as fire and flood. Locusts and abnormal climate can also be added, if not handled in time, it will affect the agricultural output value and lead to urban recession.

5.农业与工业、商业的有机衔接机制与农业跨区贸易。
5. The organic connection mechanism of agriculture, industry and commerce and agricultural cross regional trade.

6.农业等级的变化。更高等级的农业可以修筑更高等级的附属设施如水利灌溉的完善等,甚至可以加入农业机械,这样不仅可以解决贫困人口的就业问题,而且可以满足中产或富裕阶级。
6. The change of agricultural grade. Higher level agriculture can build higher level ancillary facilities, such as the improvement of water conservancy and irrigation, and even add agricultural machinery, which can not only solve the employment problem of the poor, but also meet the needs of the middle or rich class.

前瞻性的可见变化及意义
Prospective visible changes and significance

现在的游戏版本中玩家们建立的城市发展到后期往往是摊大饼式的规划布局与千篇一律的高密度建筑,缺乏灵动与生气。农业机制完善后变量增加,更加趋近现实,玩家被迫权衡更多利弊来思考城市规划。从现实影响看修改后客观上会激起玩家对当前我国城市化进程中诸如耕地保护、城乡协同发展等问题的重视,发人深思。
In the current version of the game, the cities built by the players tend to have the same layout and high-density buildings in the later stage of development, lacking flexibility and vitality. After the improvement of the agricultural mechanism, the variables increase, which is closer to the reality. Players are forced to weigh more advantages and disadvantages to think about urban planning. From the perspective of practical impact, the revision will objectively arouse players' attention to issues such as cultivated land protection and coordinated development of urban and rural areas in the process of urbanization in China.

其次,西奥小镇叫“小镇”,不严格说处于村落与城市之间,适当完善农业机制想来不但没有害处,而且会由于其可玩性增加受众从而提升游戏知名度。想来开发商也是乐见其成吧。
Secondly, Theo town is called "town", which is not strictly between the village and the city. It is not harmful to properly improve the agricultural mechanism, but it will increase the audience and enhance the popularity of the game because of the increase of playability. I think developers will also happy to see it.
The agricultural output value emphasized above, or can be summarized as food production, can directly determine the upper limit of population as another variable independent of economic income in the game. Perhaps due to the combined influence of geographical environment, climate conditions and cultural differences, Asian civilizations tend to be more concerned about the development of agriculture. And when I play games, I am also used to thinking about real social problems by putting the game into the real situation. However, considering the diverse needs of different players, we may consider folding agricultural variables into debug mode for players to choose freely on the basis of respecting differences.

In addition, I have also thought about how to stimulate the potential of water areas for urban construction, or the impact of the Internet on urban planning, population, industry, etc. in the course of the game. However, due to the limitation of the topic, I will not say more than is needed. If I have the opportunity, I will create a new suggestion point for discussion in the future.

With best wishes. :D
Credit - Contents of this plugin may only be reused if you give credit to the author.

Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: (Asian perspective)Some suggestions on agricultural areas

Post by Bearbear76 »

Hi emperor!

The like the idea you proposed!
This would make farmlands more valuable in the game as currently they are pretty much just aesthetics and, it would also
add a bit of challenge to the game. Implementing whole new systems like this would definitely be a big job (especially for a small team).
But I think it should at least be put on the "things to add list" if there is one. :lol:
emperor wrote: In the current version of the game, the cities built by the players tend to have the same layout and high-density buildings in the later stage of development, lacking flexibility and vitality. After the improvement of the agricultural mechanism, the variables increase, which is closer to the reality. Players are forced to weigh more advantages and disadvantages to think about urban planning. From the perspective of practical impact, the revision will objectively arouse players' attention to issues such as cultivated land protection and coordinated development of urban and rural areas in the process of urbanization in China.
For this part I agree that if you don't go for the aesthetics route you would probably end up with the usual "dense" layout at the more later stages
of the game. But I don't see this update adding more realism to cities except for adding more farms (probably will be treated the same as
industrial buildings packed up in the corner of the map :lol: ). So in order to make it more realistic, we'll have to add much more than just a
farm system and that would truly be daunting to do. :?

Also posting here would definitely be a better place to get your ideas heard by the developers. ;)

Edit: What is the "credit" for?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”