1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Plugin Store

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

I'm having some problems with uploading larger plugins. Plug-ins like the ped zone (which is only 8mb) takes an insane amount of time to upload and it sometimes crashes the browser. It has prevented me from updating it, which is a bit irritating.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

8 mb is quite large for a plugin.

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

Yes, but any modern website or hardware should be able handle that easily. This is about uploading the plug-in after all, not how much space it takes up in TheoTown.

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

I have no idea about the upload issues. The technique for file upload that's in use is quite normal and shouldn't be slower than other uploads. That's also what I observe when I try to upload a plugin of that size. I suppose the server might be overloaded at certain times.

Also note that the max file size for plugins is 10 MB right now which seems to be quite reasonable for plugins. In this regard I recommend to use ogg instead of wav for sound files. I guess that you can reduce the overall size down to 1 MB by using it. Please write me a pm if you need help with that.

LumpRee
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LumpRee »

KACPerez wrote:
25 Dec 2018, 13:40
Mr. French wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 23:22
Lobby wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 23:11
If you don't value the service, don't use it.

I am confident that a lot of people prefer this model over having no store at all.
Of course, i like the idea but why everything need to be payable ? i litteraly can't play because of everything coasting diamonds. Like the new hospitals for example there is no reason for making it payable...
Diamond's are becoming more difficult to get so I really agree with you
How are they becoming more difficult to get lobbys even lifted the daily gift from 5 to 10 Diamonds

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

It has been more than 2 weeks now. Time to share some statistics (sorted by number of downloads):

Author Number of plugins Number of downloads Average rating Ratings
1. Mg3094066
94%
2. Arif
98%
3. JustAnyone
95%
4. KINGTUT10101
95%
5. _Rock Fort_
94%
All users
94%

In total 24 plugin creators made use of the store so far. I conclude that it is a huge success. After all plugins are way more common now than they have been before :bc

Mg3094066
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Mg3094066 »

*spits coffee*

Mg3094066
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

*China wants to know your location*

Post by Mg3094066 »

:v

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Plugin store downloaded plugin error notice.
Plugin store downloaded plugin error notice.

If you see the circled error button on any of your installed plugins in the ingame plugin store, pressing the error button will tell you what the error is and why it isn't being used. In my case, it's because I of course already have it! :)

I just downloaded it to test anyway. :)

If you have this with my plugin or any other from the store, please remove it from the plugins folder or rename to _plugin name so that it isn't loaded. In the case of mine, the plugin store version is the best one!

If it's a category not found error, the individual unhidden parts are still available for use using the green down arrow in the main category menu.

DrillPeel
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DrillPeel »

If plugin store won't replace forum, its ok

Mg3094066
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Mg3094066 »

DrillPeel wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 16:49
profile pic strangely cute

DrillPeel
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DrillPeel »

Mg3094066 wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 06:39
DrillPeel wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 16:49
profile pic strangely cute
Lol thx

jameslofton
Settler
Reactions:

Post by jameslofton »

thanku

Chinasapling
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Chinasapling »

The biggest problem is the polarization of plug-in resources, which we do not want to see with plug-ins. No matter where plug-ins or modules are, I have never seen the behavior of separating similar resources. I think this behavior is silly or even unwise. Although it can earn diamonds, but what is the difference between this and free? I need to go to the official website first every time. Go back to the game and look for plug-ins. I strongly urge that plug-ins must be uploaded to the forum before they can be uploaded to the store. Otherwise, it will be troublesome, even cumbersome.I don't think there's any advantage in this way of management on both sides. I suggest that before uploading stores, they should be posted in forums, audited, and then uploaded to stores.

_Rock Fort_
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by _Rock Fort_ »

Chinasapling wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 07:47
The biggest problem is the polarization of plug-in resources, which we do not want to see with plug-ins. No matter where plug-ins or modules are, I have never seen the behavior of separating similar resources. I think this behavior is silly or even unwise. Although it can earn diamonds, but what is the difference between this and free? I need to go to the official website first every time. Go back to the game and look for plug-ins. I strongly urge that plug-ins must be uploaded to the forum before they can be uploaded to the store. Otherwise, it will be troublesome, even cumbersome.I don't think there's any advantage in this way of management on both sides. I suggest that before uploading stores, they should be posted in forums, audited, and then uploaded to stores.
Thats why i hate when people make " pluginshop exclusive " plug-ins .... I still upload in the both or only in forum lol

Imran M
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Imran M »

I've earned 6 grand worth of diamonds! It sometimes get lonely in showcase...

Imran M
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Imran M »

_Rock Fort_ wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 11:18
Chinasapling wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 07:47
Thats why i hate when people make " pluginshop exclusive " plug-ins .... I still upload in the both or only in forum lol
Yes! I always think that! But it's really Lobby's only way to get rewarded for working on plugin support.

KACPerez
Metropolitan
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Post by KACPerez »

^Help Please ^^
How Do I collect Profit for my Plugin in-game; I uploaded a plugin to the PluginStore via Forum But can't collect the diamonds in the Theo Town Game
HELP PLEASE

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

In the forum, click on the plugin store link.
You'll be in your plugins. Press the claim button after choosing the amount to claim. You'll get an automated PM from Lobby. Copy the redeem code to the clipboard. In the game, making sure you are recognised by Google Play Services, click the store where you may buy diamonds. Scroll down to the Use Redeem code selection. Press that, then paste the redeem code. Press OK when done. There will be an animation if successful.

KACPerez
Metropolitan
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Post by KACPerez »

CommanderABab wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 18:03
In the forum, click on the plugin store link.
You'll be in your plugins. Press the claim button after choosing the amount to claim. You'll get an automated PM from Lobby. Copy the redeem code to the clipboard. In the game, making sure you are recognised by Google Play Services, click the store where you may buy diamonds. Scroll down to the Use Redeem code selection. Press that, then paste the redeem code. Press OK when done. There will be an animation if successful.
Thanks Commander

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “News”