mdk_813
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

Praise and Suggestions

Post by mdk_813 »

Hi,
first up, I'd like to congratulate the developer team of theotown for creating what is, in my eyes, the best citybuilder for android. I can't really say much about the simulation mechanics because I prefer playing in sandbox mode. But that works great so far! I've played Simcity IV extensively with loads of mods for a couple of years and I must say, this app comes quite close to that experience! So, cudos to you guys! I hope the upcoming paid version will be a great success for you and a lot of fun for us players!

After having played the game for a couple of days now I found, probably due to my SC4 experience, some things that I would love to see in the game, and I hope that you could include some of them in the future:

1) Parks/Parking lots:
This is probably the most easy to implement:
I'd like to see an additional simple 1x1 all-grass park tile added to the other 1x1-parks. Sure, I could just leave a tile empty but then it would not have the park effect (or would it?)
This grass-lot could be further enhanced by another ploppable lot with a couple of trees on it (ideally that larger group of 5 or 6 small dark green rounded trees from the terrain menu). Maybe a small (1x1 or 2x2) childrens' playground would be nice as well?
Also I'd like to have some modular 1x1 parking lots that could also be included in the park menu. These could be useful in all areas, residential, commercial and industrial. I'm not sure how the game mechanics work here but in SC4 it was possible to have lots that show random cars. If that is not possible in theotown maybe you could add two or three parking lot tiles with different configurations of cars.

2) 1x1 R$ and R$$ housing:
Currently, it seems like the only 1x1-residentials are for the lowest wealth level. That's a pity, because i'd also like to build large US-style suburbs which are usually mostly middle class.
Maybe you could fix that by just making some of the nicer 1x1-residentials upgradeble into R$$ (without the need for creating whole new sprites). 1x1-tiles are important in that regard, because I dont want the houses in those suburbs to become mide-rises, which would eventually happen if I made larger zones.

3) cemetary:
A cemetary is badly need. Where will the "theotians" go after their theo-live has ended? So maybe a 4x4-cemetary would be nice.
Or, as I always loved the modular lots in SC4, xou could add some 1x1 with different configurations of tombstones.

4) Highway/Avenue:
A real higway with two lanes in each direction would be great. Maybe some X- and T-interchanges, too.
In SC4 there were also these double avenues with trees between the lanes. In theotown I simulated this by using wto oneway-roads but that doesn't really look too great.

5) Schools:
The radius of the schools seems way to small (or the buildings are too large) In order to cover a large map, you need to add far too many schools using up to much precious building space.
Maybe you could increase the radius of effectiveness by 50% or better 100%?

6) Rails:
I would also love to have a regular ground-rail, with a main passenger-station, a smaller regional or rural station and maybe a freight station for industrial areas.

So, these are all my suggestions for the moment.
It would be great if you could implement some of them into your game and make it even more enjoyable!

Keep up the great work!

Ahmad Nur Aizat
TheoTown Veteran
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Ahmad Nur Aizat »

Typically, most of your suggestions were already have in the game. Like

(1) We have parking lots after Update 191. A grass-park would probably the 4x4 big park

(3) Cemeteries will be added in the Premium Version. If you wanna see it, go check it out at the News Forum

(4) Highways are currently in progress, so you might see it in future updates. Bridges and tunnels are currently not supported by the game's engine (Flowersoft), so this would take a long time

(6) Just like bridges and tunnels issue, so we'll have to wait for that. For now, we'll use the LRT

So, if you wanna stay in touch, just check out on the forum reguarly, and don't forget to update ASAP, as the game is now rapidly developing

mdk_813
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Platform

Post by mdk_813 »

Hi guys,
thank you very much for your replies.

about the grass-park:
The 4x4 park is alright but I was looking for a very basic 1x1 grass-only park, something like the 1x1 concrete-only park which is already in the park menu. These smaller parks are great because they allow you to fill small gaps or create a park of any size you want. So I think they would be a useful addition.

about the parking lot:
Cool, I'm glad there are parking lots in a newer version.
But how can I update the game to that version? I downloaded the game from the google play store and I now have version beta 1.1.87 (187). So unless the play store offers a new update I can't seem to get version 191. Or is there another way that I don't see?

about the cemetery:
Great I'm looking forward to the premium version :)

about the highways/rails:
Yeah, i figured there would be some limitations. But that's fine. You can still make do with one-way roads etc. to create something that almost looks like an interchange.
Oh and thanks for the tip about the avenues in debug mode. I'll look into that!

Ahmad Nur Aizat
TheoTown Veteran
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Ahmad Nur Aizat »

mdk_813 wrote:Hi guys,
thank you very much for your replies.

about the grass-park:
The 4x4 park is alright but I was looking for a very basic 1x1 grass-only park, something like the 1x1 concrete-only park which is already in the park menu. These smaller parks are great because they allow you to fill small gaps or create a park of any size you want. So I think they would be a useful addition.

about the parking lot:
Cool, I'm glad there are parking lots in a newer version.
But how can I update the game to that version? I downloaded the game from the google play store and I now have version beta 1.1.87 (187). So unless the play store offers a new update I can't seem to get version 191. Or is there another way that I don't see?

about the cemetery:
Great I'm looking forward to the premium version :)

about the highways/rails:
Yeah, i figured there would be some limitations. But that's fine. You can still make do with one-way roads etc. to create something that almost looks like an interchange.
Oh and thanks for the tip about the avenues in debug mode. I'll look into that!
Have you become a Beta Tester for TheoTown, because the game is in Beta version, so if you become the Beta Tester, you'll get the latest updates like right now, it's Update 198

mdk_813
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Platform

Post by mdk_813 »

Ah well, that explains it I guess.
No, I'm just a regular player who has downloaded the game from the play store.
I'll just be patient then an wait for the normal updates ;)

imajoke
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Re:

Post by imajoke »

Ahmad Nur Aizat wrote:
16 Dec 2016, 08:38
Typically, most of your suggestions were already have in the game. Like

(1) We have parking lots after Update 191. A grass-park would probably the 4x4 big park

(3) Cemeteries will be added in the Premium Version. If you wanna see it, go check it out at the News Forum

(4) Highways are currently in progress, so you might see it in future updates. Bridges and tunnels are currently not supported by the game's engine (Flowersoft), so this would take a long time

(6) Just like bridges and tunnels issue, so we'll have to wait for that. For now, we'll use the LRT

So, if you wanna stay in touch, just check out on the forum reguarly, and don't forget to update ASAP, as the game is now rapidly developing
Well we didn't really get parking lots, but we did get decoration/plugin parking lots, which is good enough

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”