Lua chatbox

The Lua scripting language allows you to give your plugin more advanced features.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

Hadestia
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Lua chatbox

Post by Hadestia »

Lobby wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 17:24

Code: Select all

-- Let's use a unique, own key for the table that we will create within a storage table
local key = script:getDraft():getId()

-- Let's get our personal storage table within the city storage table (will be created if it doesn't exist)
local table = Util.optStorage(City.getStorage(), key)

-- Let's put something into it; this should still be there after saving the city, ending the game, and then coming back
table.x = 42
Ahmm is the "x" Here from "table.x" Is the name of my variable? One more thing is what should i put inside script.getDraft():getId()? it's my time again to comeback here i want a refresh
Lobby
Developer
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Platform

Post by Lobby »

Nice comeback!

rjroldan1 wrote: 16 Oct 2020, 09:12 Ahmm is the "x" Here from "table.x" Is the name of my variable?
The x is the name of the "variable" that is stored inside the table. For illustration how tables work (they are basically containers that contain variables, so to speak):

Code: Select all    Reset

local table = {} -- Creates a new, empty table table.x = 42 print(table.x) -- Will output 42
Interactive Lua editor
Run

rjroldan1 wrote: 16 Oct 2020, 09:12 what should i put inside script.getDraft():getId()?
You can just use it like that in order to use the id of your plugin as key. Alternatively, you can use any unique string, e.g.:

Code: Select all

local key = 'd3020030-1aa0-477e-a04f-0801e3546329'
Hadestia
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

@Lobby can the value of a variable that is in process such as in script:update() would be stored insidr tables even if it is pre-defined from local declaration .... I think it the game should read and used the value of the variable that is in pre-defined in var-declaration than the saved values
Here's my example

local var = 0 function script:init() Loadstate() -- loading variable stored ingame end function script:nextMonth() var = var + 50 end function script:update() SaveState() -- saving var values end
Interactive Lua editor
Run
ian`
Supporter
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by ian` »

rjroldan1 wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 17:51 can the value of a variable that is in process such as in script:update() would be stored insidr tables even if it is pre-defined from local declaration .... I think it the game should read and used the value of the variable that is in pre-defined in var-declaration than the saved values
Yeah, it's possible. As the saveState() is a function, it will call all body of the function. Please notice the upvalue of vars.

local foo -- declare empty variable local function getStorage() return Util.optStorage(TheoTown.getStorage(), key) end local function saveState() local storage = getStorage() storage.foo = foo end local function loadState() local storage = getStorage() foo = storage.foo or 'value' -- if storage.foo is nil, foo will be set to 'value'. if storage.foo isn't nil, foo will be set to storage.foo end function script:init() loadState() end function script:nextMonth() foo = 'anotherValue' saveState() -- will store the new value of foo to storage.foo end
Interactive Lua editor
Run
I think it will be recommended if the saveState() only call after the value of variable is changed, so it will not affect performance because it don't call useless functions.
rjroldan1 wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 20:48 Can we use gui on building taps? As substitute to the onClick notif or its info itself
For simply method, you can use script:finishInformationDialog(x,y,level,dialog)

-- script.lua function script:finishInformationDialog(x,y,_,dialog) dialog.title:setText(...) dialog.content:addListBox{...} dialog.controls:addButton{...} end
Interactive Lua editor
Run

// building.json [ { "id":"buildingId", // body "script":"script.lua" } ]
JSON checker
Check
Hadestia
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

ian` wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 05:42
rjroldan1 wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 20:48 Can we use gui on building taps? As substitute to the onClick notif or its info itself
For simply method, you can use script:finishInformationDialog(x,y,level,dialog)

-- script.lua function script:finishInformationDialog(x,y,_,dialog) dialog.title:setText(...) dialog.content:addListBox{...} dialog.controls:addButton{...} end
Interactive Lua editor
Run

If those dialog are exactly the same as List box in GUI give me some example im clueless what is inside the object "{}"
ian`
Supporter
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by ian` »

you can look at gui compendium, there is a complete explanation of gui.
Hadestia
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

ian` wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 19:43 you can look at gui compendium, there is a complete explanation of gui.
Based in the docs its only visible after the building/road was built
ian`
Supporter
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by ian` »

So you want make a thing like gui example in Dev tool plugin by Lobby?

Actually you can look at gui example post for the complete code.

local function showDialog() -- Body of dialog that will show when tool is clicked end function script:event(x,y,lvl,event) if event == Script.EVENT_TOOL_ENTER then GUI.get'cmdCloseTool':click() -- close the build mode showDialog() -- call the dialog end end
Interactive Lua editor
Run
Hadestia
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

ian` wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 20:38 So you want make a thing like gui example in Dev tool plugin by Lobby?

Actually you can look at gui example post for the complete code.

local function showDialog() -- Body of dialog that will show when tool is clicked end function script:event(x,y,lvl,event) if event == Script.EVENT_TOOL_ENTER then GUI.get'cmdCloseTool':click() -- close the build mode showDialog() -- call the dialog end end
Interactive Lua editor
Run

I used

function script:finishInformationDialog(x,y,_,dialog) dialog.title:setText("Haha") dialog.content.parent:addListBox{ x = 10, y = 10, width = -10, height = -10 } local entry = listBox:addCanvas{h=30} local lbl = entry:addLabel{ text = 'This is entry ' width = -30 } local cmd = entry:addButton{ x = -35, width = 30, icon = Icon.OK, onClick = function() Debug.toast('Clicked on entry ') end } dialog.controls:addButton{ x = -35, width = 30, icon = Icon.OK, onClick = function() Debug.toast('Clicked on entry ') end } return false end
Interactive Lua editor
Run
But nothing shows
Hadestia
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

I'd also used :

function script:finishInformationDialog(x,y,_,dialog) dialog.title:setText("Haha") dialog.content:addListBox{ x = 10, y = 10, height = -10, width = -10 } dialog.controls:addButton{ x = -35, width = 30, icon = Icon.OK, onClick = function() Debug.toast('Clicked on entry '..i) end } end
Interactive Lua editor
Run
These works but doesn't have canvas neither parent and how to add list item inside of these?
1Code
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by 1Code »

Drawing.drawText("E!", 30, 30) function script:buildCityGUI() local function aci() local dialog = GUI.createDialog { title = "Advanced city infomationn" } local layout = dialog.content:addLayout{ vertical = true, spacing=2 } local panel = addPanel { width = 30, height = 30 } local function addLine(label, height) local line = layout:addLayout{height = height} line:addLabel{text = label, w = 60} return line:addLayout{ x = 62 } end local line = addLine("City name", 10) local textframe = dialog.content:addTextFrame { text = [[E!]] } end local sidebar = GUI.get('sidebarLine') local button = sidebar:getFirstPart():addButton { width = 20, height = 20, onClick = function(self) aci() end } end --But why is the text frame not showing in the dialog?
Interactive Lua editor
Run
Attachments
Screenshot_20201019-215723_TheoTown.png
Last edited by 1Code on 19 Oct 2020, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
1Code
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by 1Code »

Screenshot_20201019-215723_TheoTown.png
1Code
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by 1Code »

And also, why is the above code isn't working*

function script:update() --*inside here end
Interactive Lua editor
Run
Hadestia
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

Jeremiah Stephens wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 22:32 Screenshot_20201019-215723_TheoTown.png
My question is why did you put dialog.content:addButton{} if you want to show only the textframe?
Hadestia
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

Based on what I've understood in your codes you want to have text inside the button?

local line = addLine('City name:', 10) line:addButton{ icon = Icon.CITY, x = -35, width = 25, text = 'City Name', onClick = function() Debug.toast('City Name') end }
Interactive Lua editor
Run
1Code
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by 1Code »

rjroldan1 wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 08:15 Based on what I've understood in your codes you want to have text inside the button?

local line = addLine('City name:', 10) line:addButton{ icon = Icon.CITY, x = -35, width = 25, text = 'City Name', onClick = function() Debug.toast('City Name') end }
Interactive Lua editor
Run
Still doesn't work

Drawing.drawText("E!", 30, 30) function script:buildCityGUI() local function aci() local dialog = GUI.createDialog { title = "Advanced city infomationn" } local layout = dialog.content:addLayout{ vertical = true, spacing=2 } local function addLine(label, height) local line = layout:addLayout{height = height} line:addLabel{text = label, w = 60} return line:addLayout{ x = 62 } end local line = addLine('City name:', 10) line:addButton{ icon = Icon.CITY, x = -35, width = 25, text = 'City Name', onClick = function(self) Debug.toast('City Name') end } end local sidebar = GUI.get('sidebarLine') local button = sidebar:getFirstPart():addButton { width = 20, height = 20, onClick = function(self) aci() end } end
Interactive Lua editor
Run
Screenshot_20201020-141627_TheoTown.png
Hadestia
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

Sorry i forgot it's...

local line = dialog:addButton{ icon = Icon.CITY, x = -35, width = 25, text = 'City Name', onClick = function() Debug.toast('City Name') end }
Interactive Lua editor
Run
1Code
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by 1Code »

Drawing.drawText("E!", 30, 30) function script:buildCityGUI() local function aci() local dialog = GUI.createDialog { title = "Advanced city infomationn" } --local root = GUI.getRoot() local layout = dialog.content:addLayout{ vertical = true, spacing=2 } local panel = addPanel { width = 30, height = 30 } local function addLine(label, height) local line = layout:addLayout{height = height} line:addLabel{text = label, w = 60} return line:addLayout{ x = 62 } end local line = dialog:addButton{ icon = Icon.CITY, x = -35, width = 25, text = 'City Name', onClick = function() Debug.toast('City Name') end } line:addButton{ icon = Icon.CITY, x = -35, width = 25, text = 'City Name', onClick = function(self) Debug.toast('City Name') end } end local sidebar = GUI.get('sidebarLine') local button = sidebar:getFirstPart():addButton { width = 20, height = 20, onClick = function(self) aci() end } end
Interactive Lua editor
Run
1Code
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by 1Code »

Screenshot_20201022-171010_TheoTown.png
Hadestia
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

Drawing.drawText("E!", 30, 30) function script:buildCityGUI() local function aci() local dialog = GUI.createDialog { title = "Advanced city infomationn" } --local root = GUI.getRoot() local layout = dialog.content:addLayout{ vertical = true, spacing=2 } local panel = addPanel { width = 30, height = 30 } local function addLine(label, height) local line = layout:addLayout{height = height} line:addLabel{text = label, w = 60} return line:addLayout{ x = 62 } end local line = addLine('button',26) line:addButton{ icon = Icon.CITY, x = -35, width = 25, text = 'City Name', onClick = function() Debug.toast('City Name') end } line:addButton{ icon = Icon.CITY, x = -35, width = 25, text = 'City Name', onClick = function(self) Debug.toast('City Name') end } end end
Interactive Lua editor
Run

I edited some @Jeremiah Stephens i dont know how about side bar
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lua Scripting”