Labor assignment ?

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
Wincass71
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Labor assignment ?

Post by Wincass71 »

Is there some order of priority in how labor gets assigned in the game ?

When the population of my town was barely 1,000 I built a player - made factory plugin that was level T. It required 200 workers. It filled up with those 200 workers and was in operation maybe two months.

Then I built about eight tiles worth of industrial zone , which promptly upgraded to TT , built some commercial zone tiles , and built a harbor.

Promptly every single worker left that pretty , but unfortunately level T , factory and it shut down.

That factory has been shuttered ever since , even though my population is now 10,000 + , of whom 4, 000 to 5,000 are poor people.

The game seems to prioritize harbors , and level T commercial , over level T industrial . Is that the case ?

Second question ( why clutter the forum with another thread ? ) ---

Do airports make money / pay taxes ? Or , alternatively , do they influence your transportation rating / happiness rating ?

Or are airports strictly a decoration / bragging rights / role play - kind of thing ?
Naufhal
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Labor assignment ?

Post by Naufhal »

What Problem? But I don't Know. If You Know. Maybe Try Contacting @DualHD Or @Lobby.
DualHD
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Platform

Post by DualHD »

Naufhal wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 06:52 What Problem? But I don't Know. If You Know. Maybe Try Contacting @DualHD Or @Lobby.
Dude stop mentioning me. Is annoying bruh, wow you said "stop quoting me is annoying" But you keep mentioning me which is "also annoying"

Mentioning is much more annoying than qouting.

Also if you can't help/don't know then wait until somebody figure it out
Naufhal
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Naufhal »

DualHD wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 09:08
Naufhal wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 06:52 What Problem? But I don't Know. If You Know. Maybe Try Contacting @DualHD Or @Lobby.
Dude stop mentioning me. Is annoying bruh, wow you said "stop quoting me is annoying" But you keep mentioning me which is "also annoying"

Nope. I'm just Contacting Or Helping.
DualHD
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DualHD »

Naufhal wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 09:35
DualHD wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 09:08

Nope. I'm just Contacting Or Helping.
Ok, Idk what's the answer. Except one, The Airport.
DualHD
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DualHD »

Wincass71 wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 06:50 Is there some order of priority in how labor gets assigned in the game ?

When the population of my town was barely 1,000 I built a player - made factory plugin that was level T. It required 200 workers. It filled up with those 200 workers and was in operation maybe two months.

Then I built about eight tiles worth of industrial zone , which promptly upgraded to TT , built some commercial zone tiles , and built a harbor.

Promptly every single worker left that pretty , but unfortunately level T , factory and it shut down.

That factory has been shuttered ever since , even though my population is now 10,000 + , of whom 4, 000 to 5,000 are poor people.

The game seems to prioritize harbors , and level T commercial , over level T industrial . Is that the case ?

Second question ( why clutter the forum with another thread ? ) ---

Do airports make money / pay taxes ? Or , alternatively , do they influence your transportation rating / happiness rating ?

Or are airports strictly a decoration / bragging rights / role play - kind of thing ?
Benefits of having a airport is : another way to make money, increase transportation radius thing, and boost your commercial demands. Airport are currently only decorations/for show. But the Devs are working on the Transportation Update which should make the transportation gameplay more interesting. They announced it a year ago and it's still not here so please be patient there's like only 2 - 3 people working on this game.

The other questions idk sorry, maybe build schools? You know educated people is really important for your town/city. Which means more workers
Wincass71
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Wincass71 »

Well , I found an apparent solution / work around for the apparent problem that even my Level T population starts avoiding my farms and Level T industrial ;

Devote a town / region exclusively to farms and Level T industrial by ignoring all calls to build schools in that town / region.

DO NOT BUILD SCHOOLS IN THAT TOWN / REGION !

The bad news is your population will remain Level T .

The good news is your farms and Level T industrial will not empty and close .

Build your mega city , with lots of middle class and rich , in another town / region.

( For me , at least , it is easier to pretend the poor folks send their kids out of town for schooling , than to pretend several large cities are being fed entirely by imports and / or a grand total of 5 farms , and no , or almost no , Level T industrial. )
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Wincass71 wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 08:56 Well , I found an apparent solution / work around for the apparent problem that even my Level T population starts avoiding my farms and Level T industrial ;

Devote a town / region exclusively to farms and Level T industrial by ignoring all calls to build schools in that town / region.

DO NOT BUILD SCHOOLS IN THAT TOWN / REGION !

The bad news is your population will remain Level T .

The good news is your farms and Level T industrial will not empty and close .

Build your mega city , with lots of middle class and rich , in another town / region.

( For me , at least , it is easier to pretend the poor folks send their kids out of town for schooling , than to pretend several large cities are being fed entirely by imports and / or a grand total of 5 farms , and no , or almost no , Level T industrial. )
It also keeps those big white cars from clogging your roads. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”