#Ask - Smartphone town to Steam ?

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
panduahbar
Settler
Reactions:

#Ask - Smartphone town to Steam ?

Post by panduahbar »

Hai gaes, i want transfer my town in smartphone to my steam ,, any solution ?..

Thanks...
DadangnoBadang
Settler
Reactions:

Re: #Ask - Smartphone town to Steam ?

Post by DadangnoBadang »

Hi, Panduahbar.

I have the same question as yours so i give a comment here. Some players say that the game on Steam is paid version and may not have the great features as on a smartphone. My biggest question about these two versions is whether I need to purchase the Steam version or just keep playing on smartphone. I was like unguided to determine the better one among the two of this issue.
PBbunnypower
Townsman
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PBbunnypower »

DadangnoBadang wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 06:20 Hi, Panduahbar.

I have the same question as yours so i give a comment here. Some players say that the game on Steam is paid version and may not have the great features as on a smartphone. My biggest question about these two versions is whether I need to purchase the Steam version or just keep playing on smartphone. I was like unguided to determine the better one among the two of this issue.
Okay so a couple of differences between the two versions. Mobile is the freemium version. You can enjoy the game without paying for it. And if you want to enhance/aid your game play, there are diamond transactions or the starter pack that you can buy. Diamond is the main form of currency on mobile and is used for everything from buying most landmarks to buying plugins. PC is the premium version. Since youre paying the price up front, there are no additional purchases in game. There is no in game currency like in mobile. You can download plugins without diamonds and ads. Generally, since PC has a better RAM capacity, it can generate bigger maps and regions. Buildings you placed gets built instantly.

Ultimately, the choice is up to you, I have explained the differences between both versions.
PBbunnypower
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PBbunnypower »

To answer the actual topic of this post though, you can use the in-game file manager to export the towns you want - this will probably be the best way especially on new versions of android. On ios, you should be able to find it within your device files as well. Locate the city files you want to keep. Single cities are under "maps" and cities in regions can be found in the "region" folder. Once you have found these, you can transfer using a method of choice. Such as zipping the file and then Emailing or sending via a different application or even wire transfer. Once youve done this, you can find your theotown folder in drive(c) > users > yourname > TheoTown. Then move the files to their respective folder.
DadangnoBadang
Settler
Reactions:

Post by DadangnoBadang »

You're truly a time saver, PBbunnypower!!!

I have an interest in playing the game on PC but was not sure to make the payment. Also, I heard that the PC version was not as flexible as the android one. That's why i was feeling uncertain.
DadangnoBadang
Settler
Reactions:

Post by DadangnoBadang »

One thing left, so, by playing on the PC which premium, so all the features on the PC are open, aren't they?
PBbunnypower
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PBbunnypower »

Yep, theres no additional purchases as it is paid upfront when you buy the game on steam. So everything like military and building expansion packs and stuff youd normally buy for diamonds on mobile are unlocked. Plus, additional features (No build time/speed up/slow down unlocked)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”