Playing Theotown is making me feel stressful so far...

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
Möbius
Settler
Reactions:

Playing Theotown is making me feel stressful so far...

Post by Möbius »

I've posted about me having a hard time making a city because I delete my city hours or days after making it. It's a cycle and it's making me stressed. Maybe this was the reason why I deleted the game back then XD. So yeah, any tips you can give to me?

My common problems is how I design my city in general.

I try mimicking but I guess it didn't feel good enough for me, so I'm thinking of incorporating different ideas for my city.
Xiong
Settler
Reactions:

Re: Playing Theotown is making me feel stressful so far...

Post by Xiong »

You may be used to games that take you by the hand, tell you what to do next, and offer no challenge. Without possibility of failure, there is no opportunity for success. Sorry if this sounds condescending; but there are so very many games like that. TT is more open.

Suggest you write out, on paper, a specific goal of your choice... reach 1M population, 1B in cash, 99% happiness, what have you. Tack the paper up where you can see it as you play, or at least daily.

When you achieve your goal, set yourself another... more difficult. If you fail repeatedly at a goal, try half.

Your stress may not come from fear of failure but rather from impossibility of success, in absence of a goal. Either way, I suggest, having direction and the means to progress will lead to less stress and more satisfaction.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”