is this fixable?

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
deius
Settler
Reactions:

Platform

is this fixable?

Post by deius »

i attempted moving a region file from my phone to my chromebook yesterday, but somehow i screwed up and it got moved to a different, random file on my phone. i moved it back today, but all the cities i had before are gone and it's starting on tutorial. i did exactly these things:
1. i got theotown on my chromebook but wanted to see if i could load my progress onto it, so i connected my phone via usb and opened up the file manager
2. i grabbed what i believe is the entire game file where music, regions, city data and such are kept, and i copied it to my chromebook
3. i thought it didn't work since it kept saying "copying file - pending", so i tried it again
4. this time i pressed "move file" instead of "copy to", and ended up putting it in the wrong folder by mistake
5. i decided that this was enough file shenanigans for a day and just did something else

fast forward to today

i booted up the game on my phone, but it was blank. it had the same region seed, same original city name, without cities or inhabitants. i initially thought this was because i had moved the files to the wrong folder the day before, but i moved them back and it was still blank. i don't know what to do or if i can even do anything. a little help?
KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: is this fixable?

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

Maybe the files are still lost somewhere. If you know their names, you can try using the search bar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”