The game uses only one CPU thread of 8

Do you have any issues? Don't hesitate to tell us about it.
Caballero
Settler
Reactions:

The game uses only one CPU thread of 8

Post by Caballero »

This is how the game uses CPU threads, and also it does not utilize GPU at all. The entire CPU is loaded at like just 30%, but this one thread is loaded at 100%. I have 10-15 FPS at maximum zoom. The debug menu shows on a diagram that the most expensive thing is 'Draw city'. So all the graphics is rendered on a single CPU thread? Why? The game is aware that I have 8 logical processors which is shown in the same menu.
All the drivers and Java are up-to-date and this problem seems to happen only in this game. I tried every Java launch command I knew, nothing solves the problem. No plugins are installed. Is there something for me to fix or some kind of a trick I need to perform or the game just works in such a wierd way?
Lobby
Developer
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Re: The game uses only one CPU thread of 8

Post by Lobby »

Hi, what hardware are you using? What exact version of the game is that?

The rendering will always happen in a single thread only, that's a limitation of OpenGL. However, from what I've seen so far that should not lead to performance implications on PC.
Caballero
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Caballero »

Lobby wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 23:18 Hi, what hardware are you using? What exact version of the game is that?

The rendering will always happen in a single thread only, that's a limitation of OpenGL. However, from what I've seen so far that should not lead to performance implications on PC.
'
The game version is the last one from Steam I suppose... The CPU is Intel Core i5-8300H 2.30GHz and the GPU is 1050Ti. The performance is OK when the map isn't zoomed out much, but when it is - it starts lagging very hard. My CPU works at 3.80 GHz when running the game, which is its limit.
Lobby
Developer
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Post by Lobby »

Please try to join the game's beta channel on Steam and report back if it makes any difference.
Caballero
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Caballero »

Lobby wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 10:01 Please try to join the game's beta channel on Steam and report back if it makes any difference.
I tried beta version and I don't see any difference. I still get about 15 FPS at maximum zoom out. I disabled all the graphics enhancing options I could find. Also it seems to lag a bit more when there is more water on the screen.
May be I should mention that I test it on a single region that covers an entire 'Even bigger' size map. The region has no buildings and the game speed is on pause, so I'm very concerned about more performance drop when I actually start to build something.
I would be OK with the lags if all the resources of my PC were used and it was not enough. However, the CPU is loaded at 30% and GPU isn't loaded at all.
But I can't say that I have any performance issues at the smallest regions. The problem is they are just too small.
Last edited by Caballero on 24 Jun 2022, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Problems and Errors (bugs)”