Animation Dev. Tool Thread

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

ian`
Supporter
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Animation Dev. Tool Thread

Post by ian` »

This thread is for Animation Dev. Tool documentation, tutorial, report issue, change logs, and spoiler about future update.

Open source code from the older versions : Animation Dev Tool (Open Source)
Show
Tutorial of The Latest Version
Last edited by ian` on 06 Apr 2021, 17:19, edited 3 times in total.
ian`
Supporter
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Animation Dev. Tool Thread

Post by ian` »

INTRODUCE
Since version 2.6.0, this tool comes with new looks and features.

2e.png
Explaination
1. Topbar. From left to right :
  • New Project Button : To create a new project or reset the recent project. The last progress will be deleted.
  • Save Code Button : To save the generated codes into a file that will be located on the TheoTown folder.
  • Copy Code Button : To copy the generated codes into the clipboard. From version 2.6.0, the generated codes will be separated into some parts if bigger than the limit. You can change the limit as far as your device capabilities on the menu. If the limit you set exceeds the device capabilities, the game will be crashed and the last progress will be lost.
  • Storage Menu : Unavailable.
  • Console Menu : Unavailable.
  • Info Button : To open information about this tool. Also to go to this thread from the game.
2. Tool Panel. From left to right and from top to bottom :
  • Frame Type Button : To select the frame type of your project. The Building frame can be used if your plugin has the frame and the animation frame can be used if your plugin used the partial frames that placed it on the animation tag.
  • Building Id Button : To input your building plugin id. This button will enable when the building frame type is selected.
  • Building Frame Button : To select the frame index of your building plugin frames. This button will be enabled when the building frame type is selected and the building plugin has more than one frame.
  • Animation Frame Array Button : To manage the animation frame array. This will have minimal 3 arrays for base, comp or floor, and top or roof parts of the building animation frames.
  • Animation Frame Id Button : To change the animation frame id.
  • Animation Frame X Button : To change the X-axis of the animation frame. A negative value will move the frame to the left.
  • Animation Frame Y Button : To change the Y-axis of the animation frame. A negative value will move the frame to the up.
  • Layer Button : To manage a layer of animations that you want to add to your plugin.
  • Animation Id Button : To change the id of the animation.
  • Column Button : To change the column of the animation.
  • Row Button : To change the row of the animation.
  • X-axis Button : To change the X-axis of the animation. A negative value will move the frame to the left.
  • Y-axis Button : To change the Y-axis of the animation. A negative value will move the frame to the up.
  • Diff X Button : To change the diff X of the animation. The diff X is space between columns. A negative value will move the frame to the left.
  • Diff Y Button : To change the diff Y of the animation. The diff Y is space between rows. A negative value will move the frame to the up.
  • Offset Y Button : To change the offset Y of the animation. The offset Y is the different heights of rows. A negative value will move the frame to the up.
  • Probability Button : To change the probability of the animation. This feature can make the light animations changes every night cycle. If the probability value is 1, the code will not be included.
  • Seed Button : To change the seed of the animation. By defining a seed you can ensure that multiple lights will switch at the same time if the probability is defined. If the seed value is 0, the code will not be included.
  • Color Button : To change the animation color.
  • Overlay Button : To change the preview overlay that will make the preview frames will be darker or lighter.
  • Menu Button : Some options you can set will found here. Also, the saved animation can be managed from here.
3. Preview Panel.
  • Here the preview frame and animation will be displayed. This panel can be swiped to move the preview if the frame size larger than the canvas. Also, the mouse wheel can be used to set the scale.
  • The rulers show the actual axis of the animation position. Can be helpful to define the x or y-axis. The space between the lines is 5 pixels. Also, you can hide this ruler from the menu button.
4. Zoom in / out button.

5. Preview Frame move button. This button can be hold.

6. Preview Info Bar. The actual frame size and the recent scale can be seen here.

7. Control bar.
  • This is the main control that will change depends on the tool panel button.
  • The arrow button can be used to set the frame type, building frame index, animation array index, and layer index. This button will not enable if the building frame has only one frame, and the animation array or layer only has one array.
  • The minus or plus button can be used to set the value or add a new array for the animation array or layer.
  • The indicator button can be used to open the dialog box that has different functions on each tool panel button.
This tool can be accessed on the region menu.
1.PNG
1.PNG (80.91 KiB) Viewed 12323 times
Last edited by ian` on 23 May 2022, 11:30, edited 4 times in total.
ajimaul
Villager
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by ajimaul »

:bd Please help me , after i made the code , how to add light on the building. Please give me tutorial to copy the code in json. Iam android user and iam a newbie thanks
ian`
Supporter
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by ian` »

ajimaul wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 01:59 :bd Please help me , after i made the code , how to add light on the building. Please give me tutorial to copy the code in json. Iam android user and iam a newbie thanks

Code: Select all    Reset

[ { "id": "yourPluginId", "type": "yourPluginType", // another tags you need. e.g. title, text, frames, price, width, height, etc. "animation": [ // copy the code from ADT into this tag. {"id": "1x1l", "x": 3, "y": -12}, {"id": "1x1l", "x": 5, "y": -10}, {"id": "1x1l", "x": 7, "y": -8}, {"id": "1x1l", "x": 7, "y": -11}, {"id": "1x1l", "x": 7, "y": -14}, {"id": "1x1l", "x": 5, "y": -13}, {"id": "1x1l", "x": 5, "y": -16}, {"id": "1x1l", "x": 3, "y": -15}, {"id": "1x1l", "x": 3, "y": -18} ] } ]
JSON checker
Check
ajimaul
Villager
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by ajimaul »

:bd Ohhh thanks very much sir.. 🙏🙏
AngelPandaEarth
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by AngelPandaEarth »

sad there's a couple buttons blocked by the "notch" of my Android
ian`
Supporter
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by ian` »

AngelPandaEarth wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 15:02 sad there's a couple buttons blocked by the "notch" of my Android
The button should be after the notch but will be fixed in the next update. :bt :bc
ajimaul
Villager
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by ajimaul »

Hello sir... :bp
I use your old plugin, but I do not find the button to change the day and night like in the video tutorial. can you give me a plugin that has a day and night switch ?? :bd
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

this is masterpiece. I didn't even know TheoTown have this much potential
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

hello, ian. First of all thanks for this amazing tool. I wont ever imagine something like this in TheoTown

I want to show a bug, I might misunderstand this too but while making animated buildings. Copied code doesnt have " for the ids
1.PNG
1.PNG (22.43 KiB) Viewed 11085 times
I am sorry if this is how it supposed to do
Orobó
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Orobó »

Como faz o "clipboard"?
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

Orobó wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 20:42 Como faz o "clipboard"?
It copies the animation code
Designer Anthony
Reactions:

Post by Designer Anthony »

How am I supposed to write the base part id and the repeated part id? How am I gonna bring the frames into the tool? I don't know.
TobyArch
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by TobyArch »

:bq Is it possible to add smoke animation with this tool, if it possible, then how to add smoke animation
ian`
Supporter
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by ian` »

TobyArch wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 02:41 :bq Is it possible to add smoke animation with this tool, if it possible, then how to add smoke animation
Yes, all animation drafts can be added to the building or building animation frames with this tool. but if you want to add a smoke, take the first frame of the smoke and make it into an animation draft, then you can edit the code with smoke tags.

smoke tutorial
Marco Handres
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Marco Handres »

For some reason the zoom in and out button doesn't function
Alparingitlgnd5
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Alparingitlgnd5 »

This will take our brains to the limits
Alparingitlgnd5
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

oh ok this will be a bit easy
Alparingitlgnd5
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

ian` wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 17:05
AngelPandaEarth wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 15:02 sad there's a couple buttons blocked by the "notch" of my Android
The button should be after the notch but will be fixed in the next update. :bt :bc
btw how to load your night animations after saving again?
PixelDubs
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Off Topic
Are you real
I've seen you on Newgrounds, and a couple of other websites.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”