Can you stop buildings automatically building?

Here you can talk about everything you want.
Gaming81818918_
Villager
Reactions:

Can you stop buildings automatically building?

Post by Gaming81818918_ »

Can you stop the buildings from automatically building? There are buildings from plugins that just randomly build everywhere, is there a way or an unintended way? Or a glitch? Anything?
Naufhal
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Can you stop buildings automatically building?

Post by Naufhal »

Click Some Residential. Commercial. Industrial Building. Then Click Untouchable. Now It Stop.
Gaming81818918_
Villager
Reactions:

I just realized this only works for custom cities and regions but not the ones theotown already made
DualHD
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Platform

Post by DualHD »

There's a tool that allow you to stop from the building to automatically upgrade/rebuild into another building

(Untouchable tool)
Just go to view section (Eye icon) then scroll down until you see a shield icon, click that then click the view button then click any buildings and it should made them "untouchable" Which mean they should stop rebuilding.

OR click any building then click the "untouchable" Button
Screenshot_2022-05-27-06-23-54-380_info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown.jpg
Screenshot_2022-05-27-06-24-08-685_info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown.jpg
Naufhal
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Naufhal »

Yes. Thats correct
Gaming81818918_
Villager
Reactions:

This also does not work for auto generated buildings in zones so i sometimes have to manually put it there
RayXP
Inhabitant of a Infinity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by RayXP »

Zones are for lazy people. Build manual buildings
DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DelTaco24 »

Yeah I never use zones, it always looks so ugly, buildings facing the wrong way, not lining up, and changing (upgrading) every 10 minutes. Very unrealistic, that’s why every building in my cities gets placed by hand. :)
Gaming81818918_
Villager
Reactions:

I might only use zones for if i need to keep my city running, if i build my city only out of zones it'll be ugly
LightBlue
TheoTown Veteran in Pension
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LightBlue »

RayXP wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 20:20 Zones are for lazy people. Build manual buildings
Legend people like me and kingtut always use zones, it's beautifull...
LightBlue
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LightBlue »

Oh yeah, btw it's not a glitch, bug, or something. TheoTown is random generated game, you maybe turn off res-com-ind plugin. That's helped, but if you are in career mode, you need to place a zone not the building. Building manually in career mode is very ineffective.
LightBlue
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LightBlue »

DualHD wrote: 27 May 2022, 01:28 There's a tool that allow you to stop from the building to automatically upgrade/rebuild into another building

(Untouchable tool)
Just go to view section (Eye icon) then scroll down until you see a shield icon, click that then click the view button then click any buildings and it should made them "untouchable" Which mean they should stop rebuilding.

OR click any building then click the "untouchable" Button

Screenshot_2022-05-27-06-23-54-380_info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown.jpg
Screenshot_2022-05-27-06-24-08-685_info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown.jpg
This will help too. Larger building with untouchabel can limiting new abstract building builded by habitant.
DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DelTaco24 »

LightBlue wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 14:59
RayXP wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 20:20 Zones are for lazy people. Build manual buildings
Well I guess I’m just more into the building and designing aspect of the game rather than growing and managing. In my 2 years of playing TT I’ve only ever played on sandbox/free mode. What I focus on is trying to make my cities look realistic and aesthetically pleasing, and when you use zones to me it looks the polar opposite of that. Just a mess of random mismatching buildings. Zones are more for functional purposes and having a city built purely for function isn’t my style. So that’s why I manually place every building in my cities instead of leaving it up to the computer to decide what buildings to use and take control of my city. Sometimes I spend 30 minutes deciding which buildings to use. But if you prefer zones, that’s fine, you do you.
Last edited by DelTaco24 on 13 Jun 2022, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Gaming81818918_
Villager
Reactions:

DelTaco24 wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 16:02
Well I guess I’m just more into the building and designing aspect of the game rather than growing and managing. In my 2 years of playing TT I’ve only ever played on sandbox/free mode. What I focus on is trying to make my cities look realistic and aesthetically pleasing, and when you use zones to me it looks the polar opposite of that. Just a mess of random mismatching buildings. Zones are more for functional purposes and having a city built purely for function isn’t my style. So that’s why I manually place every building in my cities instead of leaving it up to the computer to decide what buildings to use and take control of my city. Sometimes I spend 30 deciding which buildings to use. But if you prefer zones, that’s fine, you do you.
You could use zones to keep your city running while you're still a small city, you probably shouldn't make a railway system or anything expensive too early because you might get all your money drained and you'll get no more money to rebuild the city before
DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DelTaco24 »

Gaming81818918_ wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 08:28

Well I guess I’m just more into the building and designing aspect of the game rather than growing and managing. In my 2 years of playing TT I’ve only ever played on sandbox/free mode. What I focus on is trying to make my cities look realistic and aesthetically pleasing, and when you use zones to me it looks the polar opposite of that. Just a mess of random mismatching buildings. Zones are more for functional purposes and having a city built purely for function isn’t my style. So that’s why I manually place every building in my cities instead of leaving it up to the computer to decide what buildings to use and take control of my city. Sometimes I spend 30 deciding which buildings to use. But if you prefer zones, that’s fine, you do you.
You could use zones to keep your city running while you're still a small city, you probably shouldn't make a railway system or anything expensive too early because you might get all your money drained and you'll get no more money to rebuild the city before
Like I said I only play on sandbox with uber mode where I don’t have to worry about money and cost. When I’m building a city I just start with the downtown area and build out from there. So I guess it’s kinda unrealistic in the sense that the first buildings I place are modern office towers but all that matters to me is how it looks in the end. I’m more into just building cities that look realistic rather than managing cities that look unrealistic.
Gaming81818918_
Villager
Reactions:

DelTaco24 wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 08:42

Like I said I only play on sandbox with uber mode where I don’t have to worry about money and cost. When I’m building a city I just start with the downtown area and build out from there. So I guess it’s kinda unrealistic in the sense that the first buildings I place are modern office towers but all that matters to me is how it looks in the end. I’m more into just building cities that look realistic rather than managing cities that look unrealistic.
If you were to be in an online region with plugins allowed but no sandbox, you could do what i said
DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DelTaco24 »

Gaming81818918_ wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 02:54
DelTaco24 wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 08:42

If you were to be in an online region with plugins allowed but no sandbox, you could do what i said
Well I don’t play on online mode so yeah.
LightBlue
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LightBlue »

ok done?
DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DelTaco24 »

LightBlue wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 15:12ok done?
Yeah I’m done. In conclusion I just find it to be hilarious when people who use zones complain about their cities looking ugly. Zones aren’t intended to look good, they’re intended purely for functional purposes. And when you just leave it up to the game to place all the buildings for you, yeah, it’s not gonna look the greatest. The programming doesn’t care about aesthetics, if you want a nice looking city, manually placing is your best bet.
imajoke
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Post by imajoke »

Well I guess I’m just more into the building and designing aspect of the game rather than growing and managing. In my 2 years of playing TT I’ve only ever played on sandbox/free mode. What I focus on is trying to make my cities look realistic and aesthetically pleasing, and when you use zones to me it looks the polar opposite of that. Just a mess of random mismatching buildings. Zones are more for functional purposes and having a city built purely for function isn’t my style. So that’s why I manually place every building in my cities instead of leaving it up to the computer to decide what buildings to use and take control of my city. Sometimes I spend 30 minutes deciding which buildings to use. But if you prefer zones, that’s fine, you do you.
Same, but I also think the zones look great
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Smalltalk”