Rules for using the Plugin Store

Discussion for forum related things.
TheoTown
The game
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Rules for using the Plugin Store

Post by TheoTown »

In order to upload to the Plugin Store you have to obey the following rules. By not doing so we may delete your plugin or even remove your permission to upload to the store at all. If you are not sure if your plugin/idea of a plugin fulfills the rules please ask us in advance.

1. Copyright
    No copyright infringement! A copy of a plugin, images or other media is allowed if the original author explicitly permits it to be uploaded to the Plugin Store or if the copy is a replica of the original and recreated from scratch. Plugins cannot contain "memes" or copyrighted trademarks in general (unless you have explicit permission and are able to prove that). If a plugin consists out of memes, it has to be an original creation that is somewhat related to TheoTown. Memes that have copyrighted content like Spongebob or Minecraft in them aren't allowed.
    For more information about copyright see this topic.
  2. Quality
    Plugins should have a creative part in them, for example graphics that aren't part of the game yet. Abstract/empty plugins typically aren't allowed. For example a null/nothingness plugin isn't ok. As a rule of thumb: A plugin shouldn't look as if you could put it together within 5 minutes. Low quality plugins can be posted, but multiple postings of low quality plugins (which looks as if you're uploading them for the sole purpose of earning diamonds) could be punished.

Some measurements for "bad quality" of a plugin:
    1. The plugin clearly shows little to no creativity, created for quantity instead of quality. This quality clause includes the need for providing rotation awareness in terms of "the plugin should not break if the user rotates the city". However, it is not mandatory to provide rotational frames for square buildings.
    2. Its graphics doesn't match to TheoTown's graphics at all or it's graphics stand out.
    3. It has a solely abstract meaning or is basically a "copy and paste" of a picture, with no effort required other than adding it into the game. For instance, recoloured (not reworked) in-game buildings fall under this clause.
    4. Its main purpose is to circumvent the monetization of the game. Plugin support was added with the intention to allow plugins to co-exist with in-game contents. Plugins that threaten this co-existence may not be uploaded to the Plugin Store.
  3. Content compliance
    Your plugin must not give an unrealistic or unfair advantage to the player compared to other buildings in the game. For example, a waste recycling center may not just produce money without any negative side effects like noise and or pollution.

Instead of disapproval or suspension we reserve the right to apply minor modifications to your plugin to make it compliant if it violates this rule.
  4. Technical compliance
    Our main goal is to avoid technical issues with plugins. This means:
    1. If you are using new game features please specify the min version value in the upload form accordingly. Unsupported clients won't see/get updates for that plugin then. If there are issues because of that we might have to remove your plugin.
    2. It's up to you to ensure that your plugins won't "collide" with other plugins from the Plugin Store. You can ensure that by using unique ids for your plugin contents. If you want to share objects between multiple plugins (e.g. light animations) you have to include these into all of your plugins. To avoid id conflicts you can use

Code: Select all

"once":true
      then in your shared animation definitions so they will only be loaded once and won't produce an error on redefinition.
    3. Dependency on other plugins isn't allowed. As described in b. include all of your needed resources into your plugin.
    4. Don't waste texture space. The Plugin Store doesn't help with the fact that the available texture space is limited (to either 2048x2048, 4096x4096 or 8192x4096 right now). If you need big images you might consider to split them into smaller parts. If you only use small textures (e.g. 32x16) don't worry too much about texture space.
    5. Due to technical issues with ZIP files (which are used to archive plugins) file names should not contain non-English characters (e.g. Straße.png).
    6. Don't change IDs of buildings or other content that you have already released to the plugin store in subsequent updates. You can use ID aliases or implement your own migration behaviour. Specifying the change in the description of the plugin is not sufficient as plugin updates are automatic and in the background.
  5. Content
    Regarding the content itself you have to obey the usual rules (like it must not be illegal). In particular note that
    1. Racist, sexist, anti-LGBTQ+, or otherwise offensive content is not allowed.
    2. TheoTown's audience does include children and therefore plugins in the Plugin Store must preserve the content rating.
      This includes that your plugins may not show war scenes or violence.
    3. Since TheoTown is a game played by players around the world we take a neutral standpoint on most political issues. Because of that your plugins should not explicitly feature politics or political figures. Buildings that are associated to politics are allowed if they exist in the real world.
    4. You may not smuggle or include any code or content that may negatively impact player experience and our ability to provide TheoTown to other players. Forbidden behaviour, including but not limited to: corrupting player cities or their game state, having functions that are not expected of the plugin, denial of service and general malicious disruption of the game flow.
  6. Store listing
    The information you provide with plugin file in the plugin store
    1. Must not be misleading.
    2. Must contain in-game picture or preview of the plugin that should provide a good indication on what to expect when downloading the plugin. We recommend that your plugin preview image be in a square aspect ratio. When taking in-game screenshot, consider doing so without any shaders active.
    3. Must have an English title and description. It may be localised to other languages by using inline translations. However, the first language has always to be English as that will be used in case no other language matches a client's language. Additionally, we may translate your plugin title, description and textual contents into other languages and display them to users who are using such a language.
  7. Earning diamonds
    By offering your plugin in the store you will be rewarded with diamond, regardless of whether people use a freedom or premium version of the game to obtain them.

Keep in mind that selling any in-game items or redeem codes is strictly prohibited. If any user is caught doing that, they risk their account being suspended and any sold items or content invalidated.

The Plugin Store supports a report feature that allows users to report plugins. See this topic on how to deal with these reports.
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Rules for using the Plugin Store

Post by CommanderABab »

A note: if you need a report taken seriously, please include the date.
Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

CommanderABab wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 23:44 A note: if you need a report taken seriously, please include the date.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I don't know why I made this hidden.
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Yeah, I made that post before the reporting system was changed.
ATG1340
Settler
Reactions:

Post by ATG1340 »

Làm thế nào để tạo plugin ????
Tôi khá là khó hiểu
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

He said:

How to create a plugin ???? I am quite confused
Ali ilham
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Ali ilham »

How to download the plugin here?
CaranHaes
Settler
Reactions:

Post by CaranHaes »

Ali ilham wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 00:44 How to download the plugin here?
Yeah. So how could we install from the plugin store, Commander?
JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by JustAnyone »

Such feature is not available.
Wepf
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wepf »

Question: Where can I get diamond from offering plugin? In-theotown, or it just a small reward
I4RUXC
Settler
Reactions:

Post by I4RUXC »

Idk why this happen when I'm uploading a pack "No JSON definitions were found in your plugin file(s). Please ensure that you uploaded the correct file(s)"
FVI
Inhabitant of a Planet
Reactions:

Platform

I need help to upload my plugin!

Post by FVI »

Is impossible to upload my plugin! The algorithm disapprovals all my ideasThe algorithm disapprovals all my ideas! 😰
JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by JustAnyone »

There's no algorithm, just a human person.
Grubble
Metropolitan
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Grubble »

I try to improve my plugins as possible.
Pailloupro
Settler
Reactions:

Re: Règles d'utilisation du magasin de plugins

Post by Pailloupro »

Pluging immmeuble 50 habitants
Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

TheoTown wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 18:44 ...
Technical compliance
Our main goal is to avoid technical issues with plugins. This means:
  1. If you are using new game features please specify the min version value in the upload form accordingly. Unsupported clients won't see/get updates for that plugin then. If there are issues because of that we might have to remove your plugin.
  2. It's up to you to ensure that your plugins won't "collide" with other plugins from the Plugin Store. You can ensure that by using unique ids for your plugin contents. If you want to share objects between multiple plugins (e.g. light animations) you have to include these into all of your plugins. To avoid id conflicts you can use

Code: Select all

"once":true
    then in your shared animation definitions so they will only be loaded once and won't produce an error on redefinition.
  3. Dependency on other plugins isn't allowed. As described in b. include all of your needed resources into your plugin.
  4. Don't waste texture space. The Plugin Store doesn't help with the fact that the available texture space is limited (to either 2048x2048, 4096x4096 or 8192x4096 right now). If you need big images you might consider to split them into smaller parts. If you only use small textures (e.g. 32x16) don't worry too much about texture space.
  5. Due to technical issues with ZIP files (which are used to archive plugins) file names should not contain non-English characters (e.g. Straße.png).
Plugin store rules have been updated. :bf
ThinksGoOut
Settler
Reactions:

Post by ThinksGoOut »

Help.. I cant upload my first plugin because theres an error💀💀
Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

ThinksGoOut wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 20:09 Help.. I cant upload my first plugin because theres an error💀💀
Can you be more specific about what the error was? ;)
ThinksGoOut
Settler
Reactions:

Post by ThinksGoOut »

no.. nothing the error was that the page doesent work.
Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

ThinksGoOut wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 17:36 no.. nothing the error was that the page doesent work.
Yes, how did the "page not work". Did it show you an error message?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Forum”