Industrial and Commercial demand ratio

Share your ideas about possible future content here.
ConcatenatedUsername
Settler
Reactions:

Industrial and Commercial demand ratio

Post by ConcatenatedUsername »

/*Hi. This is my first post. And english is not my first language. Please forgive me if made a mistake. */

So, i already playing this game for 4 years, and i found something (in my opinion) looks slighty unrealistic, and it also make me feel a little bit discomfort while playing this game

It is about the commercial and industrial demand

In my experience, commercial and industrial buildings (without using 'dense' zone) will need almost similar areas for built. But when i look in the graphic. It shows that industrial and commercial worker are in 2 : 1 ratio (i means that 2/3 people works on industrial building and 1/3 people works on commercial building).

Realistic reason . . .

At some source in internet. It shows that globally around our current year, only around 1/3 people works on industrial and agricultural sector, and it keeps decreasing (since farm in TheoTown are included in poor industry), meanwhile another 2/3 people works on commercial sector and constantly increase. Therefore, the ratio of industrial and commercial worker supposed to be 1 : 2 instead of 2 : 1.

Personal reason . . .

I know, these would be very subjective. But in my opinion, demand for commercial buildings are too low meanwhile the demand for industrial buildings are too high. I like to have more commercial building because it looks good to build it adjacently with residence building, and commercial building really match to how building in cities looks like. But i like to have less industrial building because it create pollution and noise so it should not build it adjacently with residence building, it also make adjacent commercial building looks 'dirty' (although it is not affect its happiness). So, is there any way for us to change this ratio personally (since some people would not agree with my opinion) and/or manually? (I mean in easy, normal, and hard mode. Not in sandbox or uber mode)

Self-trying . . .

I know, some other people advice me to build those building manually, however it make industrial demand really high, commercial demand deep below the middle black line, and population stops growing. No matter if alot of job and settlement space available, population are not growing, even with high happiness.

Is there any way for us to change the ratio?

//thanks for the attention.
//sorry for any typo and poor grammar.
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Industrial and Commercial demand ratio

Post by CommanderABab »

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Well thought out!
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Right now, I think increasing the tax rate on industrials to 10% might partly simulate what you are suggesting.
Lex212
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Lex212 »

Excelente propuesta
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”