Buildings from the historic city center

Share your ideas about possible future content here.
FVI
Inhabitant of a Planet
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Buildings from the historic city center

Post by FVI »

Theotown's facilities are too modern and the only historical ones are Tudorian style. It would take buildings like the ones you see in the center of the big cities!
Wincass71
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Re: Buildings from the historic city center

Post by Wincass71 »

As for residential , you can create a more historical neighborhood using the default models.

In the default models for residential are many different architectural styles , everything from half - timbered ( the Tudor you mentioned ) to 1880's - 1930's inner city Brownstones , Art Deco , Stalinist Gothic , what in the American South they call , " Shotgun houses " , to again that mansion type associated with , " Gone with the Wind " and the American South , two - story wrap - around porches with Greek columns.

Unfortunately , these are usually transitional types . Usually the final development is a futuristic high - rise.

It takes micro - management ( but then I'm guessing micro - management appeals to a typical Theotown fan ) . You lay out individual , or two to four tile residential zones , putting trees , one tile parks , flowers and the like between them , think shade , and individual gardens , and run the game at normal speed. When a tile , or tiles , upgrade / transition to an architectural style you like , click on the building , and then click , " untouchable " .

It will freeze permanently into that architectural style.

The same is true of commercial , but seemingly to a more limited degree. There seem to be far fewer historical / old - fashioned architectural models in commercial. but there are a few. Again , lay down some commercial tiles , at least a few --- one in five ? --- will transition to an old fashioned architectural type. When they do , click on the building , click , " untouchable " , and the building will freeze permanently in that architectural style.

I'm guessing you aren't complaining about Industrial. Most default Industrial models are pretty old - fashioned . They would fit just as well in AD 1880 , as they would in AD 2022. And then there are no shortage of player - made plugins featuring Industrial buildings that would fit right in in AD 1880 , or AD 1930.

I'm guessing your main complaint is -- city halls , police stations , fire stations , hospitals , schools , bus stations , metro stations , and the like.
There are few , or no , models from the period 18th century - to - 1930.

As for high end commercial and high end residential , many buildings ten to fifty stories tall were built in cities 1880 - 1930. But few such models are evident in player - made plugins either.
FVI
Inhabitant of a Planet
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Re: Buildings from the historic city center

Post by FVI »

Thanks!
(Please do not publish messages anymore. I made a mistake and I created two posts with the same name)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”