Discord and Plugin Store killed our Forum...

Here you can talk about everything you want.
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Discord and Plugin Store killed our Forum...

Post by yusuf8a684 »

Unfortunately forum is not different from an empty western desert...
Forum was the only thing that was making me play TheoTown. Actually I were having more fun here than the actual game. I have seen TheoTown years before it's forum and when I saw there was a community of that game I stick into it and tried to make pixel arts and improve my english here. Forum teach me many things like language, cultures, new hobbies, art and more.

Now it is too empty, I am not feeling like to waste my time making fancy plugin topics on forum nor pixel arts for game

Why am I judging discord and Plugin Store is;

Discord is nice place to quick talk but it's talks and funs is temporary as it's speed. Also it removes a topic's talk's lenght and fun.
For example a topic on discord may take just some minutes and it may end with an awkard message but same topic on forum's fun will be longer and most commonly there will be meaningful post because you need a meaningful post to get response from it.

Also Discord kinda end the new plugin makers for future. People here most commonly here to suggest something not to do...

Plugin Store is good to quick access to plugins and communicate here but due to pricing with diamonds for plugins is not good way to share plugins (atleast for me). I don't want diamons I just want to be appreciated, get critics or some funny talks with my plugins.

These two might end new plugin makers also more haters for plugin makers... ...That's why might RF wanted to leave TT community

Thanks for taking time to read or discuss my topic.... Sorry for any grammar fail or typos
cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Re: Discord and Plugin Store killed our Forum...

Post by cesareborgia94 »

Forum is not dead just inactive. Just like my plugin creating abilities rusting through the time... Never did sent too much plugins into the store, I believe in making plugins for fun and not for the sake of diamonds tbh.

Discord is just cancer at this point. Never will go back there again unless I have lots of free time to kill.

Fun is probably ded for now. Welcome to 2020 folks where fun is not allowed anymore. Welcome to the near dystopian future ;)
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

It's inactive for really long time then but when will new people visit here? They are going Discord if they want to communicate first. And most of talented and famaous plugin makers aren't there for a long time.
Aren't holiday starting? It should be really active those days.

I saw a post that sent 14-15 hours ago with 25-50 views also posts per day is just 30 and most of them from roleplaying side of Forum.
These are my feelings.

I don't know if I am wrong too, just discussing
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

! Message from: CommanderABab
Forum has actually been quite active the last two weeks. Keep it up!
KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

The holidays ended for most about a week ago.
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

KINGTUT10101 wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 16:45 The holidays ended for most about a week ago.
oh, it is almost starting here but I don't know I just asked that :bc
cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

Forum is just slow as snail pace. Besides those discord youngsters are not really that fan of old school forum boards anyway, forums tbh are a remnant of the old 2000s style of talking in the internet, too slow for such lots of discord users to comprehend...
Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

Like commander said I feel like the forum is quite active for the past week or so, at least compared to the times when I thought the forum was really dead (inactive). For my personal opinion I prefer the forum from a moderator and user standpoint. It's easier to be a mod in a forum than Discord as the forum is more tranquil. The forum will inevitably have less posts as Discord. Discord is for chatting the forum is for discussions. Also much more simple mod related stuff here. The forum is also user friendly as there is no limitations nor paid features (except file size and stuff). Primarily, Discord with Nitro and gifs etc... To me the forum will always be the centre of TheoTown and I'm not saying the discord is bad the forum is just better (from my point of view). 8-)

Just a quick summary of my opinion.
malsa
Inhabitant of a Multiverse
Reactions:

Platform

Post by malsa »

I started to use discord on 2018
There's alot of things that I like and I don't like on the server
Things I like : I got friends and made one perfect [not really] apartment plugin, thanks to kentucky for that
Things I don't like : Toxic users everywhere
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

Cesaraborgia, you are right; 2020 is not a year to have fun. Disases, wars, tansions between countries, tortures all over the world etc.

Maybe chatting slipped to discord and we can't stop it. Reason I am suggesting forum is talks get even longer here ( I mean I like it's slowness) and the
pleasure as well. I am not hating discord as well but it is making me sad that forum is a bit quite

Thanks for taking time for my opinion. I feel satisfied about that.
Sorry for any grrammar or word fails
Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

I'll try to make the forum more cleaner for user experience!
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

Ølsken wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 12:04 I'll try to make the forum more cleaner for user experience!
How will it be?
Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

yusuf8a684 wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 12:05
Ølsken wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 12:04 I'll try to make the forum more cleaner for user experience!
How will it be?
I can't do huge stuff but maybe just rewrite some documents and other small stuff. If you have any ideas for the forum tell me I'll see if I can get it done.
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

I think there should be weekly events on forum. Prizes shouldn't be diamonds too. Events should be a thing that will center all steam and discord users here. Events can be like pixel arting tournaments or city buildings shows but it is a Really Huge Dream that's harder than making a complex plugin...
In my opinion community is the most important thing for a game. More important than making updates. With a strong community game will never down if there is a huge bug ( or malvara doubts complaint at Steam TT's discussion section. Because like me or a big supporter of that game will trust the game).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Bearbear76 »

Indeed that will be hard. As you would need an organiser and sufficient amounts of users to vote (which is the current problem) and depending on the prize it will get more harder. Though, it would be nice to have. For now I'll just do some work here and there on the forum. Maybe stuff like update announcements etc... But, the goal for now is to make it have almost the same features as Discord.
malsa
Reactions:

Platform

Post by malsa »

Yesterday, I got banned from the server
Maybe I'll be active in the forum
kinda sad tho since theotown disc is the first server that i joined on discord
Kulche
Pluche
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Kulche »

As I'm an Event Manager on discord, I can help here as well :)
The only problem would be the amount of people. But maybe if we posted an announcement on discord regarding the events, maybe more people would move there..
RayXP
Inhabitant of a Infinity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by RayXP »

cesareborgia94 wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 10:21 Forum is not dead just inactive. Just like my plugin creating abilities rusting through the time... Never did sent too much plugins into the store, I believe in making plugins for fun and not for the sake of diamonds tbh.

Discord is just cancer at this point. Never will go back there again unless I have lots of free time to kill.

Fun is probably ded for now. Welcome to 2020 folks where fun is not allowed anymore. Welcome to the near dystopian future ;)
You are right. Discord is a hot mess rn. And the mods are too corrupt...
malsa
Reactions:

Platform

Post by malsa »

No wonder why Cesare don't like Discord
Ahmad Nur Aizat
TheoTown Veteran
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Ahmad Nur Aizat »

former member wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 22:01 ...
You've actually read my mind
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Smalltalk”