Maxlópolis City (Free mode)

Display your city's beauty to the world. Capture and share captivating screenshots of your urban creations in this community forum. Inspire others with your remarkable designs and receive recognition for your visionary city-building skills!
MaximumExplodix
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

Maxlópolis City (Free mode)

Post by MaximumExplodix »

Hello everyone!My name is Maximum Explodix and I am the fortunate mayor of the city of Maxlópolis City.It is the capital city of both the state of Maxland and the country of OverMaximum!
For now,I'm building the east side of Ashley Plaza,that is also Maxlópolis City's Old Downtown!
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Maxlópolis City (Free mode)

Post by CommanderABab »

:), somehow no screenshot.
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

Someone knows how to sent a screenshot? I'm having problems with my cellphone.
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

Hello everyone!My name is Maximum Explodix and I'm the fortunate mayor of Maxlópolis City!For now,I'm working on Ashley Plaza,the Old Downtown.The East Side is already complete,so I'm working on the West Side,also called as Riverside.
Maxlópolis_City_20-01-30_13.30.17.png
Maxlópolis_City_20-01-30_13.31.18.png
In addition to these two,I have also completed Central Point Park,which is a reforested park on an artificial island in the middle of the Crescent Cities River.
Maxlópolis_City_20-01-30_13.31.30.png
Attachments
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Max Explodix wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 18:24 Someone knows how to sent a screenshot? I'm having problems with my cellphone.
you know da wae now. :)
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

Sorry for sending two times the same screenshot.I'm still new on all that thing,you know?
Also,when I got better screenshots of the city,I'm going to only update the main subject to make it easier for everyone.
yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

District looking nice
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

yusuf8a684 wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 12:16 District looking nice
Thanks!I'm working really hard on the details of each single square.Do you know that between those buildings that left an litlle open space,I built small plazas?they're just not visible because the buildings around them hide them and because I took the screenshot from far away to be posible to see almost all the squares by district.
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

This took me so much time to wirite;but it's finally done!
In today's episode of Flying Stories,we'll see some of the best aerial imagery of the Old Downtown of Maxlópolis City as we reveal it's stories and mysteries.So get ready,because we're presenting:Flying Stories! (the opening of the series appears entitled "Flying Stories:The Old Days")
We'll start here,at Central Point Park.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_12.21.33.png
And you may be asking:"Why show something that isn't the district mentioned?"
Well,the reason is simple:it IS part of the center (Old and New Downtown),so it fits in our trip.
So,this park was built to commemorate the city's 5 years together with its rehabilitation after being victim of a strong internal crisis and can be described as a true piece of art and modern enginnering.it was built on a small island in the midlle of the Crescent Cities River.
The river was widened around the isle,while it was shaped into a rectangle 18 square meters wide and 34 square meters long.
To solve most of all the transit problems in the park (and to make it more beautiful),a one-way road was made around the edge of the island to act as a roundabout and the highway was built above the park with no direct connection to it.The island was entirely reforested and paths through the trees offer a beautiful walk in the open air.Along the entire shore,a boardwalk was made for visitors to enjoy the walk even more while getting lovely views of the city.The park also contains an arts museum,an open-air stage where counteless shows and conventions take place every day,and a municipal circus open every weekends.
Now,following our journey we'll see the first piece of Old Downtown:the East Side or,as it is known,Ashley Plaza!
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_12.22.45.png
The East Side is famous for being the first place in the city to contain highrises and skycrapers because of its more worked infrastructure and for having been the seat of the city hall for so long.The Ashley Plaza park lends its name to it as a local icon,along with the Old City Hall (turned into a museum) and the Mother Church of the city.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_22.46.50.png
As the city of Maxlópolis City started here,you can see many different styles,such as European buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries,the first skyscrapers in the American art deco style of the 1930's and 40's,and even more contemporary glass buildings.Those last ones being mostly offices,big commercial buildings and the headquartes of great corporations and companies.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_22.49.53.png
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_22.50.30.png
Many people think that Ashley Plaza is the actual name of both East Side and Old Downtown District because it is so iconic.And,in a way,really Ashley Plaza has a greater right to recognition.And another reason for that is here,in BUSsy TRAINing Hub,the old central station of either the urban system of trains (the elevated railway),the subways and the city's bus lines.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_22.47.32.png
With this station,it became easier and faster to travel around the city in different ways,especially between the East Side and the West Side,since they are separated by the river and there are only two road bridges connecting them.
And speaking about West SIde,How about visiting a place as unique as this?
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_22.34.36.png
Like East Side,West Side has two names:this one and Riverside because of its own main square,where a church,a park,a multi-function station and even a shopping mall meet together.However,the name of the park is Amber Plaza (it seems familiar,isn't?),but Riverside comes from the station,called Riverside Station.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_22.49.09.png
This area does not have very tall buildings,but it is much denser than East Side,as most of the blocks here contain buildings even in the inner part,so many people here prefer to walk around than drive.You will find more things on foot.
West Side is famous for being kind of "stopped in time".Many of the buildings have styles ranging from European to New Yorkean from the 19th and 20th centuries.So walking through these relics is like going back to the time of Maxlópolis City's Golden Ages prior to the succession of Maximum Explodix for the command at City Hall.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_22.50.44.png
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-04_22.50.54.png
As it was possible to observe in this episode,the Old Downtown of Maxlópolis City is a unique and charming place,where stories from the past mix with the features of the present.It is a place where a city and even a whole legacy started from,containing beatiful views and magical experiences.This is a historical place where active life and happiness run through the streets,but that time have NOT forgotten.And that,with luck and the love of those who is in here,have been here or will be here,will never be forgotten.
This was another episode of:Flying Stories.Thank you so much for being with us and good night. (credits appear here,while more images of the city are used as a background)
The End.

Now everything is here!Also,sorry for my bad english.I'm brazilian.
Last edited by Max Explodix on 06 Feb 2020, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

This is a new place in the city that I started working on.I hope to end it the fast as I can.I don't know why;I just want to do it.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-07_21.53.39.png
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

Central Town is done.Now I can pass to the second part.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-10_22.38.32.png
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

I hope to get the second part of New Downtown up and running by spring (no puns intent).
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-15_22.18.07.png
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

I'm starting to think that Spring Way is the most beautiful district of the city;
At day:
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-16_21.11.22.png
And at night:
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-16_21.09.04.png
(It's just a shame that not all the buldings has a lighting animation.It would be even more beautiful,but it's alright.)
KACPerez
Metropolitan
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Post by KACPerez »

nice
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

KACPerez wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 05:44nice
Thanks!
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

Now I will be able to do the second episode of the Flying Stories series,since I finally finished Spring Way!
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_21.00.13.png
Also,if someone want to know,this city of mine alredy have more than 150K habitants with only Old and New Downtown build up.That's a lot of people for such a small place in my opinion.
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

Okay.Here I go.This time I'm going to do it in two parts because it's too big.So,this is the Part One.Enjoy it!

In today's episode of Flying Stories,we'll continue our trip through Inner Town(that's the name given to the pack of Old and New Downtown plus Central Point Park).This time we'll give more atention to New Downtown,a place where highrises and skyscrapers rises from small and dense buildings and townhouses.So seat and relax,because we're presenting:Flying Stories! (the opening of the series appears entitled "Flying Stories:Old plans,High results")
We'll start here,at Central Town.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-10_22.38.51.png
This is really a unique place.After the 5 Months Crisis,ocurred between January to May of 2004,it was decided that a new downtown would be necesary to rebuild the city's economy because,although the crisis wasn't longer,it had destroyed the city's economy and forced the City Hall to make astronomical cuts in the maintenance of several public areas,also leading to the physical deterioration of it.With the new center that was going to be built up,many ideas and plans were used for it's infrastructere,ideas that were somewhat utopian and that would solve many problems in countless urban centers around the world,such as lack of space,traffic generated and even environmental issues.The plans were these:to make New Downtown an extremely dense area,where people can find everything without even needing to leave their homes in certain cases.With apartments above and stores below,many buildings would save space;"force" people to walk to find everything they need,reducing local traffic;and,taking up less space and using technologies to reduce water and power usage and/or buildings with green terraces,and even by simply reducing the amout of vehicles on the streets,would cause less environmental impacts.
As you can see,the district of Central Town really used those plans of being very dense to avoid normal problems of high populated areas,and the icon of such a time is the New City Hall of Maxlópolis City.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_22.28.59.png
It is a 900-meter high skyscraper with 300 floors,containing additionals 70 floors below (please,imagine a building like this) and it was built togheter with New Downtown,in August of 2004.Since Maxlópolis City is the capital of the state of Maxland and the country of OverMaximum,this building contains the City Hall,the seat of the state government and the national capitol,plus some other public administration offices.Underground,30 floors are designated to be parking lots and the other 40 are for maintenance.
Central Town was also chosen to have the city's new transport hub,called Station Square.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_22.30.04.png
Station Square contains the Main Bus Station with its own bus depot,a taxi station,the Central Railway Station,the Central Metro Station and even a mini mall.It was built because the old central hub did not support so many people and stopping points in one place.In addition,it didn't have a train station with a connection to the outside.
Now,talking about the institutions from this place let's take a look at the NBOM (National Bank of OverMaximum).
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_22.29.43.png
The NBOM was designed and built to be not only the bank's headquarters,but also to contain the National Treasury and the National Finance and Accounting Office (NOFA).Since the city has a very high monetary gain because of its strong and diverse industry,its large population with high purchasing power,its numerous internal and external investments;apart from other reasons,in October of 2005,a new safe of unreported proportions was placed in the basement of the building.However,when it started to become full,even with the high expenses of the city in all current public areas (the city and the country share the same Treasury),the NOFA was relocated to the building to be easier the job of the distribution of accumulated money.A project called "My Sweat Money" was created to determine that:one third of the National Treasury's money should remain in the city's public coffers for the benefit of the city,another third would be distributed between the other cities and states,and the last third would also stay in the city,but to be distributed equally among the population,thus maintaining the economic and social equality of the city (lucky ones,don't you think?).
Nowadays the bank has a digital service and even its own crypto currency:the MaxBits (a reference to the famous Bitcoins mixed with the name of the national currency,that's MaxBucks),wich can be used for daily purchases or for large digital transactions.In the case of technology,it may not seem like it,but Maxlópolis City it's a real innovator.But we'll talk more about that in other episodes.
Another great company in the city is Max's own company,or better saying,companies;because he has a lot of them.And its headquarters is this one:Explodix Enterprise Corporation Unlimited.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_22.31.05.png
This huge building that take its space on the city's skyline is responsable of others FOUR companies,and all of them are owned by Max Explodix.But,for now,let's talk about only this building.
The enterprise was founded in November of 1999 in oder to make easier and help the rebuilding of the ruins of BuckBrine,the ruined city from where Maxlópolis City was birth.After that,this company was left aside until July of 2004,when Max saw it as an opportunity to recover his beloved city,destroyed by the crisis,and still be able to finally create a real company.Included in the New Downtown project,the Maximum Tower,as it was called,rose from the construction sites to the skies and began to work in the first days of operation.The company negotiated so much externally that it maneged to get enough money for Max not only recover the city's public services lost during the crisis,but also to finish the whole New Downtown and still have a stable economy for a long time.
Having created Explodix Enterprise Corporation Unlimited to help the city's economy and to take care of its other companies was certainly a masterpiece of which Max is proud to have done.And the citzens approve,since everyone put the future of the city in Max's hands when they decided that the city should be governed only by him.And,while he is alive,he promises to take care of the city like a son,wich is something remarkable and that he is fulfilling if we saw everything he has done for it.
Now let's talk about the second company of Max:the Maximum Animations Studios Company.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_22.30.26.png
In the Tower of the Fourth Wall is located a gigantic studio of animation,recording music,TV shows and movies,production of books and comics,among others.The stories that are made here are based on the countless adventures that Max had is having or will be having with his friends and family.The main characters are Max Explodix (the leader of the group;a goldenhearted person),Criar Nilo Ilo or Criar98 (Max's best friend;a child scientist,because he is only 18 years old),Hex Z-Legend (Max's second best friend by the time that he came;a visible alien amoeba that lives in a robot made of eletronic waste) and Far Explodix (Max's sister;a litlle and cute singer).How these stories are so well done and worked as if they were made out of here remains as a secret,but that this studios are the OverMaximum's own Disney,no one has any doubt about that!
The end of Part One.I'm to work on Part Two later.
Max Explodix
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Max Explodix »

That's the Part Two of my last post.Enjoy reading it (also,I wanna know:someone is actually reading all this?I mean,I know that it's a lot of things,so...)
But,you may be asking:"New Downtown only have Central Town as its district?";and I awnser "No!",because now we're reaching Spring Way!
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_21.00.13.png
Spring Way it's like a mix between Riverside and Central Town:it has tall,concentrated highrises like Central Town and the smaller but equally dense buildings from Riverside.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_22.32.23.png
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_22.32.03.png
Spring Way got its name because it was built during the spring of 2005 along with Central Point Park,and this was being the "entry way" for it.Hence its name was suggested.Incidentally,many public services around here have 'Spring' in their names,like Spring Stadium and Spring Divinity Park.
Maxlópolis_City_20-02-17_22.32.47.png
During the first real soccer campionships of the city,the Spring Way stadium (Spring Stadium) was built to accomodate the number of people who would come to watch the games since the old one at Ashley Plaza was too small.
A park was built at the west entrance of the stadium.That's the Spring Divinity Park.There was a small lake here that was buried and drained into Crescent Cities River,but a small amount of water "sprang" back from the land and formed a tiny rectangular lake.In the middle of this,an islet was left above water and three sakura trees (which is very uncomom here,since they're from East Asia)were spontaneously born in it.After the event,a miracle happened.It was spring,but the weather was still winter:cold and rainy,plants closed and not growing,animals gathered in their corners... But,three days after the appearence of the sakuras,everything changed:the weather was open and pleasant,plants started to grow and flowers bloomed,animals were more animated;spring had truely arrived!This event was called Spring Divinity ,giving to the park its name.But some people prefer to call it Mini Central Point Park because of the similarity between the lake and its islet and Central Point Park and the river that suround it.
As it was decided that the main transport systems of Central Town would be busses to optimize its density,Spring Way was responsible for the elevated urban trains and its central station,the Central Station of Urban Trains.This is one of the few centrals of some model of transportation from the city that is not in Central Town.So it was better to create a different infrastructure for this:as it contains two platforms,one was used as a main stop on the main municipal line and the other was designated for the internal line of Spring Way,thus avoiding the possibles line jams,especially at game times.
In this episode,it was possible to observe that New Downtown it's a place where the law of "the bigger the better" was very applied.We also saw that this place used old techiniques and ideas to become great for everyone who lives on it or come to visit it.And it's like that we end up this episode of:Flying Stories.Thank you so much for being with us and good night. (credits appears here,while more images of the city are used as background)
The End.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Screenshots”