LightBlue
TheoTown Veteran in Pension
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Is login save in-game data?

Post by LightBlue »

I have a question. I was login to my account in last february, and there is a small thing that make a question. So many times i heard people login to the TheoTown after they got new Theotown game in another device, is login save in-game data? Like region, city, building, construction, achievements, plugin, and setting in TheoTown? Or i need to backup the files? My TheoTown was error so many times, amd maybe reinstall will help like another game. If login really do it, i will fix my theotown.

Please answer :cry:
Naufhal
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Is login save in-game data?

Post by Naufhal »

Maybe People Stealing Your Account?
DualHD
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DualHD »

LightBlue wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 11:45 I have a question. I was login to my account in last february, and there is a small thing that make a question. So many times i heard people login to the TheoTown after they got new Theotown game in another device, is login save in-game data? Like region, city, building, construction, achievements, plugin, and setting in TheoTown? Or i need to backup the files? My TheoTown was error so many times, amd maybe reinstall will help like another game. If login really do it, i will fix my theotown.

If you have a account then Plugins and Diamonds will be saved (i think) but everything else gone forever unless you backed them up via a cloud services. TheoTown currently only saved things locally there's no cloud saving yet As of 2022.
DualHD
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DualHD »

Naufhal wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 11:51 Maybe People Stealing Your Account?
No Naufhal, please read the topic again. TLDR : "if i login my TheoTown on another device will it has everything still in there? City's, Plugins, Diamonds, etc" - LightBlue
Naufhal
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Naufhal »

DualHD wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 12:55
Naufhal wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 11:51 Maybe People Stealing Your Account?
No Naufhal, please read the topic again. TLDR : "if i login my TheoTown on another device will it has everything still in there? City's, Plugins, Diamonds, etc" - LightBlue
Okay.
Rad
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Rad »

DualHD wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 12:52
LightBlue wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 11:45 I have a question. I was login to my account in last february, and there is a small thing that make a question. So many times i heard people login to the TheoTown after they got new Theotown game in another device, is login save in-game data? Like region, city, building, construction, achievements, plugin, and setting in TheoTown? Or i need to backup the files? My TheoTown was error so many times, amd maybe reinstall will help like another game. If login really do it, i will fix my theotown.

If you have a account then Plugins and Diamonds will be saved (i think) but everything else gone forever unless you backed them up via a cloud services. TheoTown currently only saved things locally there's no cloud saving yet As of 2022.
After you relog in you will have to reboot the game 1 or 2 times before your plugins appear in the deleted folder in plugin store
LightBlue
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LightBlue »

Rad wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 18:41
DualHD wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 12:52

After you relog in you will have to reboot the game 1 or 2 times before your plugins appear in the deleted folder in plugin store
soo... i need to back up to save it all right?
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

It never hurts to have a backup.
LightBlue
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LightBlue »

How i back up then?
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Copy the folders you want to back up into a new empty folder. Zip it. Attach it to an email to yourself, or in a message in some other app. Or save it to Google drive or other cloud service. You might check what size attachments or shared files are allowed, etc.

As for the login data, just be sure to login to your account on the new device.
LightBlue
Reactions:

Platform

Post by LightBlue »

CommanderABab wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 00:40 Copy the folders you want to back up into a new empty folder. Zip it. Attach it to an email to yourself, or in a message in some other app. Or save it to Google drive or other cloud service. You might check what size attachments or shared files are allowed, etc.

As for the login data, just be sure to login to your account on the new device.
Ok, i will try some :l
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”