TheoTown: Nintendo Switch edition

Share your ideas about possible future content here.
Ararva
Settler
Reactions:

TheoTown: Nintendo Switch edition

Post by Ararva »

Hello. I am a fan of this game and since I own a Nintendo Switch I would really like a console version. The Nintendo Switch hardware must be good to run this game. Is it possible to release a console version?

Bearbear76
Former Bearbear65
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: TheoTown: Nintendo Switch edition

Post by Bearbear76 »

There was a similar question to which I answered a while ago.
Bearbear76 wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 08:19
I don't think it will come to switch, Although the licence is free and the DevKit is about $500, much cheaper compared to other consoles.
I don't think there is enough market for it. I don't know if many switch players will play TheoTown on switch.
Also it seems that one option (there could be others) for development in Nintendo is Unity that doesn't support Java which is what TheoTown is coded in.
Although C# (Unity supported) is kinda similar to Java, it's still going to be a lot of work to rewrite the code to C#.

work + time + money >> profit, so financially it's not a good idea to bring TheoTown to switch.
Take this as a grain of salt since it's a summary of a quick search (Also I'm not an expert in Unity).

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: TheoTown: Nintendo Switch edition

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

Although a console version would be cool, I don't see the point of the devs porting it to switch when it already exists on mobile devices. They both fill a similar niche.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”