Totally stopped traffic!

Do you have any issues? Don't hesitate to tell us about it.
CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Totally stopped traffic!

Post by CommanderABab »

Soon after I took these screenshots, the game crashed when I sent the fire department into the area. I hsd been sending the police to clear the roads. A reason build the poIice departments. I was interested to see if the roads would clear for the fire department.

Pretty sure it was a memory problem from far too many cars being tracked. The road system was quite complicated with many sections of the city being long one way loops.
Long expressway journeys over water. Etc.

To fix the problem, as the city would not load again, I had to go to settings before loading and turn the two draw cars items off. I then removed the entire section of the onland expressway through the industrial section. I also removed the nuclear power plant (removes a lot of traffic) before turning draw cars on again. With the plant off, I proceeded to convert all one way roads to regular roads. One way roads aren't available when the town hall has no power. :)
It's a great game. The city shown was very interesting. Still filling in the water sections :)

I was having fun playing traffic cop. As the jam cleared in one section of the city, I would go to another section, and the traffic would be stopped there.

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

Hey, may you send us the city file? We're would like to do some research about the crashing :)

PixelDubs
TheoTown Veteran in Pension
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re:

Post by PixelDubs »

Lobby wrote:
22 Jun 2016, 13:34
Hey, may you send us the city file? We're would like to do some research about the crashing :)
Legends say ABab has still not sent the city file

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Totally stopped traffic!

Post by CommanderABab »

I'm pretty sure that I did. But that was SIX years ago. Thanks for bumping the topic, I edited the post to make the images accessible again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Problems and Errors (bugs)”