Simple Steps for making a simple house

Learn here how to create and use plugins.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Simple Steps for making a simple house

Post by yusuf8a684 »

Step 1- Get a template from viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3207 and please read what lobby wrote there.
"pay attention on that the base should always touch the bottom edge to pivot point can be calculated correctly."

Step 2-Build the shape of your building, you can use neon colours first than start texturing it but in this GIF I directly used shadows because of building is being small

Step 3- Make a roof or a flat roof. It is up to you. Here is a discord message about roofs https://discord.com/channels/3654783917 ... 1216540672

Step 4- Fit the building with roof or other parts you added after...

Step 5- Add details, this might be the place where you should be creative and also the fun part...

Step 6- Important part and usually the step every person fails, it is normal. Add shadows to the sides that are facing right and also add some places you want to add depth too. Like the door I did. (Even in my texture there is a shadow issue with small roof and the wall next to it, you should think about those too)

Step 7- Remove the template and don't forget to add shadow to ground that fits with template ground. You can make your own ground too... With this you have to add "draw ground":"true" to your plugin

Bonus Step- You should crop your image and make it texture space friendly and like what Lobby said in templates topic: "it's a lot of work to create even a 2x2 building and you have limited texture space. So, why not start with a simple 1x1 building?"

I did not include adding noise to it, this is just the steps, you can have your own art style or any decoration opinions, also don't except every people to like your textures, take some criticism. It is not a bad thing.
output_ofq9nr.gif
output_ofq9nr.gif (488.24 KiB) Viewed 2244 times

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Simple Steps for making a simple house

Post by CommanderABab »

Very nice!

Naufhal
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Naufhal »

Great <3

Stepanhie
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Stepanhie »

yusuf8a684 wrote:
23 May 2021, 01:07
Step 1- Get a template from viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3207 and please read what lobby wrote there.
"pay attention on that the base should always touch the bottom edge to pivot point can be calculated correctly."

Step 2-Build the shape of your building, you can use neon colours first than start texturing it but in this GIF I directly used shadows because of building is being small

Step 3- Make a roof or a flat roof. It is up to you. Here is a discord message about roofs https://discord.com/channels/3654783917 ... 1216540672

Step 4- Fit the building with roof or other parts you added after...

Step 5- Add details, this might be the place where you should be creative and also the fun part...

Step 6- Important part and usually the step every person fails, it is normal. Add shadows to the sides that are facing right and also add some places you want to add depth too. Like the door I did. (Even in my texture there is a shadow issue with small roof and the wall next to it, you should think about those too)

Step 7- Remove the template and don't forget to add shadow to ground that fits with template ground. You can make your own ground too... With this you have to add "draw ground":"true" to your plugin

Bonus Step- You should crop your image and make it texture space friendly and like what Lobby said in templates topic: "it's a lot of work to create even a 2x2 building and you have limited texture space. So, why not start with a simple 1x1 building?"

I did not include adding noise to it, this is just the steps, you can have your own art style or any decoration opinions, also don't except every people to like your textures, take some criticism. It is not a bad thing.

output_ofq9nr.gif
Greenland houses plugin
When?

yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

There is one by vönark currently but I think doing one myself sounds fun soo. I might make it soon 👍

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tutorials and Documentation”