Prefetching image loading slowly decreasing?

Do you have any issues? Don't hesitate to tell us about it.
agnesiann121
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Prefetching image loading slowly decreasing?

Post by agnesiann121 »

I have observed that the prefetching images of Theotown got slower and slower that it cannot pass the 20-minute loading limit of the game, causing it to crash.

On my first encounter of it, from 11,000 prefetching images (or PI in short), upon uploading a plugin on Theotown's folder through laptop as I cannot access the Theotown folders directly on phone (Android 11 user). When it reaches 7,000-8,000 things start to get slow and the game crashes at 10,000 prefetching images.

On my second attempt, upon moving two forum-downloaded plugins to the phone via PC, the game crashes on its 20-minute loading limit at 9,900.. with 10,200 PI needed to load, so I reduced my plugins, deleting huge plugins with animations and skyscrapers. And in my third attempt, the game crashed at 9,300 PI out of 9,700 PI needed to be loaded. It seem that the game's plugin capacity is reducing, my phone has a lot of storage, cleared cache and closed all running apps in background.

But the same issue remain, accessing folder via PC/Laptop to upload plugins causes the slowdown of loading prefetching images.

Here is the screenshot of the issue.

Kamikazi
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Prefetching image loading slowly decreasing?

Post by Kamikazi »

It probably is taking a bit longer as it's prefetching bigger images. Seems likely that you're phone is too weak to load all the plugins you have.

Somenamethatidk
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Somenamethatidk »

Although, yes. It is also happening to me. seems like the files just goes from smallest to biggest. I have 2000 PI and when it reaches 1300 it seems to be slowing down. Probably because of the images, but it doesn't crash. So, it's quite annoying but its better than not being able to play the game at all.

Somenamethatidk
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Somenamethatidk »

I am curious if they are trying to fix this, but I also suspect that maybe because it slows down because the game recognizes the game images. so some of them are fast.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Problems and Errors (bugs)”