Downvote spam in plugin store plugins (now discussion about plugin community problems)

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Re: Downvote spam in plugin store plugins

Post by DelTaco24 »

I just think the game being free to play and having microtransactions on mobile is what holds it down and stops it from reaching its full potential. I absolutely despise of the monetization aspect of the plugin store as it’s just bound to be abused and it leads to the wrong kind of people making them, quantity over quantity, they do it purely for profit. It always seems to be the crappiest plugins that are over 30 gems. While I can’t see the actual prices in the game as I bought the premium version for iOS back when it was still available in early 2020, but I still see comments complaining about poorly made plugins being overpriced. And the seeming hands off approach to the moderation of these things sure doesn’t help, they’ll literally allow repetitive flags and planes packs, edited versions of the sample house, and even buildings stolen from other games and uploaders, all stuff that can be thrown together in 5 minutes to earn some quick gems. A lot of these things go against the plugin store’s rules but the moderators just don’t seem to care. This is why I just think gems and free to play should just be done away with altogether and have the game be paid on ALL platforms. That way the profit incentive of making plugins would be gone and plugin creation would become more passion driven rather than profit driven, or quality over quantity. Also community would be more made up of more serious and dedicated players if the game was paid, rather than immature kids who are using the internet for the first time. Imo TheoTown being free to play on mobile was the biggest mistake in its development, it’s a very decent game otherwise, it almost feels like a mobile port of Simcity4, but the microtransactions/free to play and toxic kid infested community chain it down and cause good players like Rockfort to more or less give up on it.

The26
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by The26 »

1) I've (unfortunately) had one pretty bad experience with uploading to the forums. So, I have my Rowan Trees plugin uploaded to the forums. However, I once saw on Discord something that I really didn't want to see - someone used those trees without my permission nor credit. I tried to reach out to the creator, no response. Tried to report it, nothing happened. Contacted moderators, no response. I only got a response that "the certain plugin doesn't exist" when I asked JustAnyone about that. That's why I don't really like uploading to the forum anymore.

2) Oh my god the low quality plugins being sold for high prices thing is absolutely insane... 700 diamonds for a single poor quality building?
Screenshot_20220511-170640_Chrome.jpg

DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Re: Downvote spam in plugin store plugins (now discussion about plugin store problems)

Post by DelTaco24 »

Yeah, uploads like that are exactly why I feel the monetization should be done away with, or at least have stricter moderation, plugins that are obnoxiously overpriced like the one you showed should be disapproved for their price alone. But the price never seems to factor into their approval of a plugin. And also I think the building itself might be stolen in the plugin where they took your trees as it looks a bit blurry as if it’s been copied and pasted. In fact that seems to be the case for all that user’s plugins.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Downvote spam in plugin store plugins (now discussion about plugin store problems)

Post by CommanderABab »

I think it got approved, then deleted.

DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Re: Downvote spam in plugin store plugins (now discussion about plugin community problems)

Post by DelTaco24 »

Nah it’s still there as of when I checked, along with all their other plugins.
172B89DE-F638-4FEB-92D9-916BCF7FC056.jpeg
(Hope the image shows up properly)

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

:calc
The26 wrote:
11 May 2022, 16:13
1) I've (unfortunately) had one pretty bad experience with uploading to the forums. So, I have my Rowan Trees plugin uploaded to the forums. However, I once saw on Discord something that I really didn't want to see - someone used those trees without my permission nor credit. I tried to reach out to the creator, no response. Tried to report it, nothing happened. Contacted moderators, no response. I only got a response that "the certain plugin doesn't exist" when I asked JustAnyone about that. That's why I don't really like uploading to the forum anymore.

2) Oh my god the low quality plugins being sold for high prices thing is absolutely insane... 700 diamonds for a single poor quality building?Screenshot_20220511-170640_Chrome.jpg

That one actually doesn't show up for me in game.

DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Re: Downvote spam in plugin store plugins (now discussion about plugin community problems)

Post by DelTaco24 »

Well you’re actually right about that, however his other likely copied and pasted buildings are still up for download.

DelTaco24
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DelTaco24 »

Oh wait I’m such an idiot… I didn’t realize which one you were talking about ._.

Tonyc403
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Tonyc403 »

I hate copenhill and Yusuf and plugins r gone! 🤬

Pinetoken
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Pinetoken »

Tonyc403 wrote:
29 Jul 2022, 19:35
I wish Yusuf was back :/

The26
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by The26 »

Pinetoken wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 13:45
Tonyc403 wrote:
29 Jul 2022, 19:35
I wish Yusuf was back :/
Please stop replying to this thread. Thank you

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”