[BUGS FIXED!] Customizable/Expanded Alley Tree

For Decorations and areal map layout tools.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

birdn4t0r
Villager
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

[BUGS FIXED!] Customizable/Expanded Alley Tree

Post by birdn4t0r »

For my first plugin, I decided to make a customizable/expanded version of the alley tree/small park textures.

The purpose of this was mostly for me to practice writing a .JSON and get a better understanding of the general workflow, so it’s not all that “flashy” or anything. It is essentially an expanded version of the alley tree, and has a transparent version, all trees except for the Rainforest trees and Redwoods, and even winter frames! This also includes a decal version so you can plant any tree you want, though the existing frames already support 22 different trees, so I hope you find yourself spoiled for choice!

I wrote the code, positioned the animations using `ian’s “Animation Dev Tool”, and made very slight modifications to Bunny’s tree base to make the winter/beach/transparent versions. Texture credit goes to Lobby&Theo for the trees and small park concrete from the world texture, and Special Thanks to Bunny from the Discord server for providing me with the blank Small Park base that I used to make this.
Preview. Town Hall Asphalt is shown only to demonstrate the transparent version, and is not part of the final plugin. Credit to Mg3094066 for decal.
Preview. Town Hall Asphalt is shown only to demonstrate the transparent version, and is not part of the final plugin. Credit to Mg3094066 for decal.
:plugin
Attachments
ExpandedAlleyTree_1107.plugin
Supports 1107+
(133.17 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
ExpandedAlleyTree_1104.plugin
Supports 1104+
(133.17 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Last edited by birdn4t0r on 04 Aug 2023, 22:43, edited 11 times in total.

birdn4t0r
Villager
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Customizable/Expanded Alley Tree

Post by birdn4t0r »

Update 24/07/23: Attempted to fix weird texture bug, but it looks like it has more to do with memory usage/performance and the device I’m using to play TheoTown/test the plugin (my cell phone) than the code itself. If anyone has any tips for optimizing my my code, they would be greatly appreciated. Slightly rearranged textures and added ground decal versions.

birdn4t0r
Villager
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by birdn4t0r »

Update 25/07/2023: Nothing much, just rewrote the JSON to reduce code duplication. Still sometimes pulls weird textures in place of the custom base.

birdn4t0r
Villager
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by birdn4t0r »

Update 30/07/2023: New version. Completely redid the file structure of the textures, .json objects, animation defs, and .manifest using JustAnyone's Plugin Creator Website and `ian's Animation Dev Tool. The download is at the top of the thread. Gave everything new IDs, but you should probably still delete the old version to prevent object duplication. Hopefully this will solve the whole "the ground texture turns into pickles" problem.

birdn4t0r
Villager
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by birdn4t0r »

Update #2 30/07/2023: Did some internal things to try to make the winter frames less buggy. I think I managed to at least fix the "grabbing textures from other plugins" issue. Now onto the "actually grabbing the texture I told it to grab" issue.

birdn4t0r
Villager
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: [BUGS FIXED!] Customizable/Expanded Alley Tree

Post by birdn4t0r »

01/08/2023: I FINALLY FIXED THE WINTER FRAMES BUG. I would like to thank JustAnyone for providing their insight into the game's code that allowed me to fix the winter frames bug (it had to do with an oversight related to an oversight that meant that winter frames were incapable of handling some of the newer attributes, such as "copies" and frame stealing, that were created to reduce code duplication…I didn't want to copy-paste the winter frame definitions more than 80 times, but you do what you have to do). I will probably update this as the game progresses, and intend on creating adding a pickle frame to commemorate the legendary pickle bug. Thank you for your patience, the download is in the original post! I also updated the thumbnail, which hilariously accounts for 99% of the storage space. I will probably reduce this in an update at some point.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decorations and Tools”