zacky5000
Small-town resident
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

Question about the population

Post by zacky5000 »

I've been playing Theotown for quite a long time now. Since then, I've always wondered how citizens or the whole population is distributed among establishments in the game. Let's say, for example, how much citizens go to school, how much people go to commercial buildings, and how much people go to industrial buildings?

It's still a mystery to me. How much people per residential building go to a specific commercial, industrial, or school building? How is it computed? What's the actual ratio of citizens per commercial/industrial/school building? It's really confusing... @-@

Somenamethatidk
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Question about the population

Post by Somenamethatidk »

its complicated. Idk if someone's gonna answer that soon. Although, you can get your own answer for commercial and industrial by building only 1 house and see how much the demand goes up.

zacky5000
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by zacky5000 »

Somenamethatidk wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 02:41
its complicated. Idk if someone's gonna answer that soon. Although, you can get your own answer for commercial and industrial by building only 1 house and see how much the demand goes up.
I tried that before, but sadly, what happens is the shift in demand happens at a different rate depending on what building is coming up from a certain residential zone slot as each residential building has its own specific population capacity. It even goes more differently if you reach the level where the population demands for education and the size of the residential zone (i.e residential and large residential zone) giving out residents varies according to building's population capacity.

So far, what I learned from the tutorial in the start of the game is you're required to build a 6x8 residential space, a 2x4 commercial space, and an industrial space the same size as the commercial space. Here's the computation I got:

Residential space: 6x8 = 24 slots
Commercial space: 2x4 = 8 slots
Industrial space: 2x4 = 8 slots

This gives out the ratio of residential to commercial/industiral buildings, 24:8:8.

If you follow that, everything will be stable at the beginning, but will work differently once the residential units start varying in size over time as the demand shifts. That's what confuses me about population. Once that happens, controlling the demand for commercial/industrial becomes hard to control.

Somenamethatidk
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

zacky5000 wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 05:29
Somenamethatidk wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 02:41
I tried that before, but sadly, what happens is the shift in demand happens at a different rate depending on what building is coming up from a certain residential zone slot as each residential building has its own specific population capacity. It even goes more differently if you reach the level where the population demands for education and the size of the residential zone (i.e residential and large residential zone) giving out residents varies according to building's population capacity.

So far, what I learned from the tutorial in the start of the game is you're required to build a 6x8 residential space, a 2x4 commercial space, and an industrial space the same size as the commercial space. Here's the computation I got:

Residential space: 6x8 = 24 slots
Commercial space: 2x4 = 8 slots
Industrial space: 2x4 = 8 slots

This gives out the ratio of residential to commercial/industiral buildings, 24:8:8.

If you follow that, everything will be stable at the beginning, but will work differently once the residential units start varying in size over time as the demand shifts. That's what confuses me about population. Once that happens, controlling the demand for commercial/industrial becomes hard to control.
Since the demand is different by the building capacity, do the same building twice. If the demands is the same, then it is not random and theres a formula. If the demand is different however, consider it random.

Somenamethatidk
Townsman
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

This is a very interesting topic. You need to know a lot of the game to answer this

zacky5000
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by zacky5000 »

Somenamethatidk wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 03:58
This is a very interesting topic. You need to know a lot of the game to answer this
Yeah. Hahaha! Even if I've been playing for years now, I still don't get how population works. Guess there's more to the game than what meets the eye. 😅😂

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”